Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

junkyard antics (multiple Qs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junkyard antics (multiple Qs)

hey guys. I'm back from a fun fun fun day of scavving one of our 3 fine U-Auto-Pull-It's with a few questions.
    1) Snagged a $9 valve cover. What paint schemes have y'all seen that work out (exterior is granny green) but I'm still undecided on what color intake and brakes will be. Red is too common, I'm thinkin blue or yellow. Opinions?

2) I actually ran into a '90 EX with the A4 motor with the tubular style headers (pretty sweet lookin for stock IMO). Trouble is, some of the stud nuts (lol...) are rounded and it's chopped off at the flex pipe. Can you use the downpipe from an A1 or A6? Also, will I need to extend the O2 wire and will that cause probs?

3) I really want to do the IM swap to the H23/A6 mod. All the vac and water hoses on my a1 are really intimidating to look at since i'm an amateur at engine mods. I saw the DIY but the pics are gone and I'm still confused as to if I need a new FITV, EACV, and ecu (for iab black box control). Any wisdom from the pros/p-nut gallery would help. THANKS!

Originally posted by Shankenstein View Post
    hey guys. I'm back from a fun fun fun day of scavving one of our 3 fine U-Auto-Pull-It's with a few questions.
    1) Snagged a $9 valve cover. What paint schemes have y'all seen that work out (exterior is granny green) but I'm still undecided on what color intake and brakes will be. Red is too common, I'm thinkin blue or yellow. Opinions?

2) I actually ran into a '90 EX with the A4 motor with the tubular style headers (pretty sweet lookin for stock IMO). Trouble is, some of the stud nuts (lol...) are rounded and it's chopped off at the flex pipe. Can you use the downpipe from an A1 or A6? Also, will I need to extend the O2 wire and will that cause probs?

3) I really want to do the IM swap to the H23/A6 mod. All the vac and water hoses on my a1 are really intimidating to look at since i'm an amateur at engine mods. I saw the DIY but the pics are gone and I'm still confused as to if I need a new FITV, EACV, and ecu (for iab black box control). Any wisdom from the pros/p-nut gallery would help. THANKS!
    bronze.

a6 dp. yes u will need to relocate the o2.

just take pics, and when u put it together u really cant screw it up.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

goodies on the a6 downpipe, I think that'll be easier to find. THX!

-thought of another Q while I'm here. Does it matter on the IM whether it comes from an auto/manual? I'm auto and a car-part.com search just made me question it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shankenstein;
        2169014... Does it matter on the IM whether it comes from an auto/manual?
        It doesn't matter.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

so more fun today. i found a pretty nice (tho dead) 92EX with the A6 motor. I ganked the PT6 ecu out of it for like $30. I wanted the downpipe but they're ALL chopped at the flex pipe... Is it just better to get some crappy ebay headers or will the A4 ones fit on my A1 downpipe thats in the car now?
          -also, the guys up there wanna charge me $30 for the IM which is ok BUT they want another 30 for the TB!!! That's craziness for junkyard parts since i'll hafta get another set if I can find an H23 in town here.
          -last Q for today I promise. how do you get the camshaft out while the engine is together? would you take it out w/ the cam gear or remove all the springs and bars above it?
          It's gonna be harder to get all these parts down here in Redneckville than it will be to put em in. =P not giving up tho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shankenstein View Post
            -last Q for today I promise. how do you get the camshaft out while the engine is together? would you take it out w/ the cam gear or remove all the springs and bars above it?
            You have to take the valve train and cam caps off the get to the cam.

You can cut the timing belt off the dead motor or just slide it off the cam gear your choice. Remove the valve train The camshaft is secured to the cam gear by a bolt so the cam and cam gear will come off as one piece. You can take off the gear by removing that one bolt.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
            X