Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car died while running and wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car died while running and wont start

i had my car on running then it died and wont start anymore. once again i get no spark or fuel pressure. my fuses are good and my main relay is new. i already changed my ecu and ignition module. when i turn the key to ignition, my check engine light doent illuminate, as before my battery light didnt illuminate due to a blown fuse, but this time my battery light goes on but my check engine doesnt. im about to get another ignition module and ecu again. is there anything else i should check??

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

I was going to say ecu but you're already looking into getting one. I'm pretty lost on this. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Comment

yes this is too weird

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Did your timing belt snap? Have you checked it and verified the timing is still correct?
        1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
        C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
        MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
        ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
        You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

if my timing belt is snapped does that mean i wont get any fuel or spark??

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

fuel pump.

Comment

That happened to me once and it was the dizzy, you have to check all the things mentioned as it could be the results of a number of things.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

check your ignition swith, when you turn the key does it even krank? if so and if not then 99.9% its your swith when you turn the switch, the mini springs are blown...thats what happend to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by enVmeACCORDngly View Post
                  if my timing belt is snapped does that mean i wont get any fuel or spark??
                  Spark: How can you get spark if the distributor doesn't rotate?
                  1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
                  C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
                  MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
                  ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
                  You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

more info

it cranks good.it ran good 2 days ago, but when i got my exhaust manifold on it ran bad, it wouldnt stay on unless i had to gas it a little so the rpm would stay up, then while i was stopped, my car just died off even though i had kept the rpm up a little bit, then it wouldnt start. it cranks, but when i turn it into the ignition, my check engine light doesnt go on.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

it cranks good.it ran good 2 days ago, but when i got my exhaust manifold on it ran bad, it wouldnt stay on unless i had to gas it a little so the rpm would stay up, then while i was stopped, my car just died off even though i had kept the rpm up a little bit, then it wouldnt start. it cranks, but when i turn it into the ignition, my check engine light doesnt go on.
                      Do more diagnosis before you start replacing parts again. Check for DTCs. If the check engine light does not illuminate when you jump the wire, make sure that the ECU is being powered. It is powered by the main relay.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

we just replaced the main relay twice. im going to plug in my old ecu to see if anything changes. im so frustrated.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

we just replaced the main relay twice. im going to plug in my old ecu to see if anything changes. im so frustrated.
                          Like I said, diagnose. Replacing parts without having knowledge of their current state is an expensive gamble. You already have one lead: the check engine light is failing to illuminate. You could try replacing the ECU with a known working one, but I would first make sure that it is being supplied with power and ground.

EDIT: Also just because you have a brand new main relay doesn't mean it is doing its job. It needs power and ground as well to work. Check its connections.
                          Last edited by IAmTheNight; 08-15-2009, 08:35 PM.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Make sure the ground connection on the thermostat housing is secure.

Comment

Ignitor, In the distributor. They are known to go bad. The last time I did my timing belt it happened to me on the way to the shop to do the belt. I just knew it was the belt, turned out to be the ignitor.
                              steve

Comment

Working...
                              X