Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Coilover Springs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Coilover Springs???

How are the ebay adjustable coilover springs? Do they make the ride quality really shitty? I have some and I have new KYB GR-2 gas shocks I would put them on but if they really ef you on ride quality I dont know if I want to use them. What is the ride quaity like compared to lowering springs???

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Rough ride, cheap quality, "you get what you pay for".

Edit:
    FYI, Your sig is HUGE. You may want to resize it before you lose it.
    Last edited by JoshM; 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

if you like the feel of being on a boat. i'd get them. if not stay away from them.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

ok, well my lowering springs were on back order so im getting my money back and ill get some other ones. oh and ill resize my sig.

Comment

I had them before on both stock shocks and performance shocks and ride like hell and very bouncy.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Your best bet is to get quality lowering springs. The only coilover sleeves I would ever really suggest would be Ground Control.

GR2s are really just stock replacement shocks. It's good to hear you have new ones (so few people get new... and it irritates the hell out of me!)

I would get some H&R or Neuspeed springs. I've had H&R Sport, and I'm currently on H&R Race. I liked both very much. The drop with the Sport springs was actually better, IMO. Higher, but it was well proportioned.
            You could probably find a set of used Neuspeed or H&R springs for the same price as new cheap no-name stuff on ebay. I'd rather have used quality than new crap.

Comment

I'm with deeve on this one, ebay stuff is crap, i would rather save and spend on quality lowering springs, i have a set of coilover sleeves, brand spanking new, might never use them,cause i would go with quality lowering springs, as everybody always says about ebay things and what JoshM said "you get what you pay for"

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Keep in mind that ebay is just an auction site. The quality of parts varies greatly.

But the cheap shit... is cheap shit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Keep in mind that ebay is just an auction site. The quality of parts varies greatly.
                  Oops, my bad wasn't putting all my attention into the post, but yes the quality of parts do vary between no-names and name brand, but my fault for saying ebay "things".

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Just a pet peeve of mine I have "ebay" brakes on my car... but they're Brembos.

Comment

lol, yeah i already had the ebay springs but i bought some megan racing lowering springs and they were on backorder and the ebay store was hassling me so im gettin a refund and now i need new springs.

Comment

Megan Racing isn't much better than cheapie stuff. Better than a no-name, but they're still a knockoff brand.

Comment

im gonna get some H&R's then

Comment

Working...
                          X