Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$500 h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500 h22a

Ok my friends boy is selling a jap spec h22a to me for $500. Now here's the deal....its n pieces but luks good as far as I knw. The only problem is that the piston rings are worn/broken so I have to replace that. So basically its an h22a block w/ crank, pistons and rods, and complete head w/intake manifold. He also has the waterpump all for $500. Is this a good deal?

Who knows until you slap it all back together and see what it do. I'm not really an engine guy but considering the H22 usually costs way more that that I suppose that would be a good deal if you know what you're doing. And you might not want to use the word "jap" cuz some find that offensive. I know you were prolly just abbreviating but peoples are sensitive.

Comment

yo get that

if i was you i would pick that up and if u dont i will
      JDM P3DRO

Comment

Ok cool im going to lock in that deal asap, and thanks for the heads up on "jap" I never knew anyone would take that offensive. By any chance do you know of any reasons someone would take that offensively, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

since it is in pieces might as well But better Rod and Piston and Bored it and etc. For Turbo H22 application :P

Comment

I agree while you have it in pieces might as well keep it that way and build; either grab a set of Mahle pistons and Eagle rods or if you have the cash re-sleeve and maybe go with CP or JE pistons and Eagle rods. Put it back together and you would have an awesome turbo motor. But even though he says only the rings are bad I wouldn't trust those pistons too much either. Go on ebay and just buy the replacements or get the type-s package for a nice bump in power if you're in a hurry to drop it in. If you factor in the price and do the work yourself you would have a poorman's H22 type-s for regular H22 money.

****POST 250****
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              I agree while you have it in pieces might as well keep it that way and build; either grab a set of Mahle pistons and Eagle rods or if you have the cash re-sleeve and maybe go with CP or JE pistons and Eagle rods. Put it back together and you would have an awesome turbo motor. But even though he says only the rings are bad I wouldn't trust those pistons too much either. Go on ebay and just buy the replacements or get the type-s package for a nice bump in power if you're in a hurry to drop it in. If you factor in the price and do the work yourself you would have a poorman's H22 type-s for regular H22 money.

****POST 250****

Yea I was looking @ that type-s package and was thinking of jus gettin that and staying n/a but it says it can withstand 350+whp. Does anyone know exactly where it'll max out?

Comment

I'd leave it. A motor in pieces is always missing parts. Those little missing parts always add up to more than just buying a complete engine. If you do not have spare parts laying around or don't have the know how to put it together then just spend the extra little bit and get a full engine.

Comment

With the rings being worn or broken could there be damage to the FMR liners in the cylinders ? If a ring let go while the engine was running it would be possible that it scared the cylinder walls and resleeving might be a must . I don't know that much about engines , but a damaged cylinder repair could cost upwards of $1000 if the block had to be resleeved .

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                    I'd leave it. A motor in pieces is always missing parts. Those little missing parts always add up to more than just buying a complete engine. If you do not have spare parts laying around or don't have the know how to put it together then just spend the extra little bit and get a full engine.
                    i agree

Ride List
                    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by dksix View Post
                      With the rings being worn or broken could there be damage to the FMR liners in the cylinders ? If a ring let go while the engine was running it would be possible that it scared the cylinder walls and resleeving might be a must . I don't know that much about engines , but a damaged cylinder repair could cost upwards of $1000 if the block had to be resleeved .
                      Well I checked out the sleeves and I didn't see any scaring is there any sure way or almost sure way to know if the block and head is good? Are there any key things I should double check for?

Comment

Originally posted by TuneAccordingly View Post
                        Well I checked out the sleeves and I didn't see any scaring is there any sure way or almost sure way to know if the block and head is good? Are there any key things I should double check for?
                        It may not be an option for you , but I always take on to an engine shop and have the cylinders checked/measured to make sure they are true cylinders ( round and straight up the walls ) and pressure checked to ensure there is no cracks . The engine shop I use charges 40 dollars for this service which includes a hot dip cleaning , but I think prices vary greatly by area and I'm partners in a shop and we do use him often so we may be getting a little bit of a price break due to the volume of work we have done .

Comment

Originally posted by dksix View Post
                          It may not be an option for you , but I always take on to an engine shop and have the cylinders checked/measured to make sure they are true cylinders ( round and straight up the walls ) and pressure checked to ensure there is no cracks . The engine shop I use charges 40 dollars for this service which includes a hot dip cleaning , but I think prices vary greatly by area and I'm partners in a shop and we do use him often so we may be getting a little bit of a price break due to the volume of work we have done .
                          Ok thanks I'll check in to that

Comment

Working...
                          X