Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Steering Position after Rack and Pinion Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Position after Rack and Pinion Installation

Hi

I went to change my crossmember and Had to remove my rack and pinion.

I forgot to lock my steering wheel and Now when i have to install back I'm kind of lost in which position should the wheel be ><!

Any suggestion on how should i tackle this?

I have to take my car into a shop to do Wheel Alignment afterward anyway. Will that correct my steering too?

The steering wheel didn't get turned a bunch of times I hope (90/91 it wouldn't matter, 92/93 w/ the airbag + clockspring it would). It may take you afew tries to get it right but the final alignment would take care of any small adjustments. Assuming that everything was centered before, there should be an equal amount of exposed threads on the inner tie rods where the outer tie rods jam nut goes. Get the steering rack centered up (side to side) and then drop on the u joint once your wheel is centered aswell.

Comment

GRRR am i'm fuck? I turn it around and back and forth. But i don't turn it too far. I turn it up to the point where i would turn it normally.

Shit I didn't read that part about SRS warning for 92-93 accord ex ><!!

Comment

if you got a 9293 you dont wanna snap your cable reel, i think your best bet is to remove your steering wheel/airbag/cable reel... then left up the front wheels and center them as best as you can with the tie rods off..then adjust the rack from the end links to center them as best as you can..hope this helps..

i think you can also remove the steering wheel/airbag/and cable reel and the re-install the steering wheel alone for reference..and then count the number of full turns you get making rights and then lefts, and then adjust accordingly
        Last edited by PhatAccord; 09-01-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

What happen if i already turn the steering wheel without removing the steering.

How do i know if the cable reel is broken or not?

if so can i replace the reel?

Comment

Yeah I hope so. I will try not to turn as much anymore and get as straight as possible and drive to local shop to get Alignment.

I'm worrying too much i don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              What happen if i already turn the steering wheel without removing the steering.

How do i know if the cable reel is broken or not?

if so can i replace the reel?
              depending on how much you turned the wheel, you MAY have snapped the cable reel

you can reconnect everything and start the car, if the srs light is on, you snapped the cable reel...or you can check for an open circuit at the connectors..but then you should have a wiring diagram before you start...

sure, search for one in a junkyard...

Comment

ok i will look at that tomorrow.

The airbag not going to deploy on me right?

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                  ok i will look at that tomorrow.

The airbag not going to deploy on me right?
                  if the cable reel snapped, it created an open circuit, so, no it wont deploy on you..

Comment

It looks something like that right?

Comment

thats it

s2k? i thought you were doing this on your cb7?
                      or is that a pic just for reference?
                      Last edited by PhatAccord; 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I don't know I just Google it for the Cable Reel + SRS

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Thank

Comment

redline 9 grand... s2k
                          cool..no problem..
                          really hope the cable reel didnt snap on you..best of luck...
                          post up your outcome

Comment

My cable reel is fine. I started the car today and there is no SRS light. I will have to remove the steering wheel tomorrow and center the steering wheel

Comment

Working...
                            X