Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90' EX 363,000mi Oil problems PLEASE HELP I LOVE MY CAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90' EX 363,000mi Oil problems PLEASE HELP I LOVE MY CAR!

Ok, oil light stays on. I check the oil level and its fine. I have oil leaks around oil pan and timing cover area. Car is not over heating, replaced the oil pressure switch, light stays on. Been on for about a month now, no power loss, no tapping, smooth acceleration, still quick. Drove the car to the gas station the other day, put it in park, engine was idling and the oil light started to blink, opened the hood looked in the engine bay nothin was wrong, no noises, car wasnt over heating or anything, got back in the car and the light was solid again, still on. Turned the car off, then back on again and the light was still solid. Please tell me I dont have to replace the oil pump.

Hit me up, Ckay1989@gmail.com

Wow. You need to do an oil pressure test asap. Get an oil pressure guage and thread it into the port where the oil pressure sending unit goes.

Oil pressure should show 10 psi at warm idle and 50 psi at 3000 rpm.

If it's too low, then yes you're probably gonna need to replace the oil pump, unless the low pressure is because your oil leak is so bad it's compromising oil pressure (highly highly unlikely).

re: the leak around the timing cover area: if that means that your crankshaft front seal or balance shafts seals is/are leaking or something, you're gonna need a new timing belt anyway due to the timing belt becoming covered with oil, so digging a little deeper to get the oil pump out is not really that big of a deal, especially since you need a new oil pan gasket anyways if the one you have is leaking.

Not surprising if an engine with nearly 400K miles on it would benefit from a new oil pump though.

FYI I believe a solid oil pressure warning light indicates pressure below *2.5* psi on a continuous basis. A blinking one indicates an intermittent drop of oil pressure below 2.5 psi. (or of course a faulty connector or failed oil pressure sending unit). If either one of these is true it's not good.
    Last edited by batever; 09-03-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

ya its something u got to replace cause it shouldnt constantly be on. esp with that many miles u kno its time for some replacement. just keep tabs on her thats always safe to do. batever knows what he is talkin about GL
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

It's possible you could have a clogged oil filter. I've heard that can cause oil pressure problems, though I haven't thought it through.

Try changing the oil filter and see what happens but don't also don't wait to do the oil pressure gauge check.

Comment

im gonna try and replace the oil filter, its a K&N though, aren't those suppose to be pretty good filters? Im gonna have to do another oil change in a few hundred miles anyway, gonna go with the OEM Honda Blue. I dont know when the last time the timing belt was changed...i still gotta fix those leaks tho...

Comment

hey.... if you get those parts I can help with the install. Just hit me up !! But also make sure you have a good connection for the oil pressure sensor. If you need more help in diagnosis you are more than welcome to drop by. Let me know !!

Originally posted by Devergote
            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Dag man...shouldnt you invest in a newer motor? I had a 90 Accord with 150k miles on it and it had a clogged up oil pump. The next owner replaced the oil pump and it was fine afterwards. But that thing had the blinking oil light. I mean if you want to then go ahead and replace it with another oil pump. But I am sure you will be happier with a JDM motor because you know it will be good and you wont have to worry about it much.

Comment

damn, 360k. Id say you got your moneys worth, run it til she blows and go JDM. my .02

Comment

Working...
                X