Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo building "?", engine and trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo building "?", engine and trans

well like the title says, i have some "?" about these engine. my plans are to get used F22A6 and build it from the inside out. i never built a motor for boost, but i do know my way around engines. obviously ill do new rods and low compression pistons, but will stock crank bearings hold up? do i need to do anything to the crank? and put a cam in it, ideally i would like to run 10-14PSI of boost if possible and keep the stock trans and basically as stock as i can, i dont want 300+ hp, but if thats what it will put out, and be reliable, sure i read about the injectors too, but will the stock fuel pump put out enough? and lastly the ECU, how do i go about tuning or what

did you check the Forced Induction section under Technical/Performance?

Comment

If you're only looking for 10lbs, you could get away with a stock F22A6. It'll give out eventually, but if it's healthy, and you don't beat on it, it'll last for quite some time.

You will need new injectors for sure. DSM 450cc injectors work well enough for a low boost setup.

Your transmission will hold up just fine if it's healthy. Assuming you have a manual transmission, you're going to want to get a stronger clutch to handle the increased torque. Spend the money on a decent one. I bought an XTD "Stage 3" clutch, and I really regret it... it looked nice, but it blew up with nothing but a moderately-driven stock-ish H22 putting power through it.

Comment

yea planned on the clutch up grade. now it is burning oil so i maybe resealing the whole motor, and all new rings and bearings. so it may put my turbo spare motor on hold. but if i can do a low boost on stock internals being they will be brand new it should hold out for some time? will the stock honda rings and bearings hold up or should i look into aftermarket?

Comment

People have boosted completely stock, original internal motors to 10psi with no problem. As long as the motor is healthy, and the tune is good, it should last for a while.

Comment

it's all int he tune.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              it's all int he tune.
              and the original health of the motor. And the size of the turbo.

But mostly the tune.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X