Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

**danger help please**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**danger help please**

ok i did a oil change change the oil filter and oil everything was fine that all i did now i believe that my tranmission is leaking fluid it like a gold color so im guess its the fluid it leaking from the bottom where i believe theres a black plate under that u can take off with a 10mm socket and the other place is unkown and there is no dip stick to refill the tranny with fluid do u think the seal went bad or something please help i dont want to see my cb7 going to the graveyard if its a easy fix

it's really hard to tell what your saying, but the gold fluid would have to be the oil you just put in your engine.
    My Honda

Comment

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
      it's really hard to tell what your saying, but the gold fluid would have to be the oil you just put in your engine.
      its like leaking from the side where the tranny is at because i check and theres no oil problem do u think it could be the honda mtf fluid that leaking from the tranny it started to leak today

Comment

may be the rear main seal.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

try checking yor power steering fluid bro, that might be the problem, and if it is then its you main gasket.

Comment

He said theres no dipstick so Im guessing its manual. so the gold fluid could be like 10w30 in the trans. id say clean it off and then see if it leaks again and where its coming from...

Comment

The chances of the transmission fluid being gold are very slim. I'm with turbo90accord in thinking that it's the rear main seal. If it's leaking that badly, it'd be best to replace it NOW, before it gives out completely and your engine blows up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The chances of the transmission fluid being gold are very slim. I'm with turbo90accord in thinking that it's the rear main seal. If it's leaking that badly, it'd be best to replace it NOW, before it gives out completely and your engine blows up.
                2x on this, tranny fluid will not be golden, unless you have put regular engine oil in your *standard* transmission (which I do).

If the rear main oil seal is leaking then the oil will leak down on the transmission housing.

Another possibility if you have a manual (standard) transmission is a leaking clutch slave cylinder; it will leak clutch/brake fluid and flow back to the bottom of the transmission housing, and will usually be clear/golden colored.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovethacb7 View Post
                  ok i did a oil change change the oil filter and oil everything was fine that all i did now i believe that my tranmission is leaking fluid it like a gold color so im guess its the fluid it leaking from the bottom where i believe theres a black plate under that u can take off with a 10mm socket and the other place is unkown and there is no dip stick to refill the tranny with fluid do u think the seal went bad or something please help i dont want to see my cb7 going to the graveyard if its a easy fix
                  If you're concerned about your transmission fluid level then check it/top it off. Depending on whether auto or standard the procedure is different, but by no means is it difficult, particularly if you have a fluid pump to pump the fluid into the tranny (12 bucks at autozone).

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                    2x on this, tranny fluid will not be golden, unless you have put regular engine oil in your *standard* transmission (which I do).

If the rear main oil seal is leaking then the oil will leak down on the transmission housing.

Another possibility if you have a manual (standard) transmission is a leaking clutch slave cylinder; it will leak clutch/brake fluid and flow back to the bottom of the transmission housing, and will usually be clear/golden colored.
                    The fluid in the transmission would have to be pretty new for it to retain a golden color. With our transmissions, motor oil is not a very good option. Honda transmissions are very sensitive to fluid, and the proper Honda fluids (synthetics especially) should be used for proper function. Fluid should also be changed fairly regularly (every 15k in automatics... manuals, I don't really know, but I'd do every 30k at most.)

A leaking slave cylinder is very possible, but by the time you got enough fluid to determine the color of it, the clutch function would probably also be noticeably different.

The rear main seal is the most probable cause, especially since the leak was noticed immediately after an oil change, and the fluid was golden in color. Drop the transmission and replace that seal. Even if it's not the problem (and I'm quite sure that it is), it's still something that should be replaced, as total failure of that seal will result in a completely destroyed engine due to oil starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The fluid in the transmission would have to be pretty new for it to retain a golden color. With our transmissions, motor oil is not a very good option. Honda transmissions are very sensitive to fluid, and the proper Honda fluids (synthetics especially) should be used for proper function. Fluid should also be changed fairly regularly (every 15k in automatics... manuals, I don't really know, but I'd do every 30k at most.)
                      Auto trannies yes, but the original owner's manual for my 1992 5 spd specifies either 10w-40 or 10w-30 multigrade oil for the tranny. A straight 30 or 40 weight oil would be better I'm sure but as far as I've known that's all the car has had in it, and when I've drained the manual tranny it always comes out fairly light colored.

As to the substance and point of the OP's post, I agree that it is most likely the rear main oil seal and not a tranny leak or clutch fluid leak. However in my post I wanted to point out a number of possibilities that others had not mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X