Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM f22a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM f22a?

I just bought a replacement motor for me 93 Accord SE that had a f22a6 in it. I'm trying to figure out which parts i need to switch over but the code on me replacement engine just says f22a with the numbers 2007935 under it but no number after it. So my question is could it be a JDM f22a? And if it is what do I need to do to make it work with the ECU in my SE?
    1991 Honda Accord EX

Short Ram Intake
    APC Exhaust

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2682565

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a JDM F22A. Accords in Japan came with either a F18 or a F20 I believe.
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-08-2009, 05:12 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

There was definitely an F22A, from some foreign land. I used to have one.

To make it work, you will need to swap the fuel rail over from your old f22. I believe everything else should be the same.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

JDM F22A do exist you can buy them at engine importer just like an JDM H22A. The JDM F22A= to USDM F22A6 engine and should be same power rating. It usually has low millage and if in good condition, should outlast most used/junkyard/refurbished f22a1-6 engine.
        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

No number means it's JDM. JDM motors do not have numbers... F22A only.

Essentially, it's an F22A6.

Comment

But doesn't Europe also have engines without a number at the end?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Not as far as I know. I've heard of engines in Europe with numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                No number means it's JDM. JDM motors do not have numbers... F22A only.

Essentially, it's an F22A6.
                Hey, I was just reading through this and had a relevant question. In my '90 Ex my engine is just stamped as an f22a. Since this indicates that it's JDM, is there a way I can check and see if the cam is an A6 cam as opposed to an A1/4? Reason I ask was that I was at the junkyard yesterday, and I was going to go back today to get an a6 cam, but this thread makes me unsure of whether I need it! I already have an a6 manifold to install, and my trip yesterday yielded a pt6! Everything but the cam.

Comment

I have a JDM F22A right now. I was going to use it...but now im going H22A. haha

My dad had it at his shop for some reason. Its still a good engine, he took it out of a 4th gen to put a F22B1 in...which was a waste of time and money on the customers behalf.

but yea...its just sitting there chillin.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jay92889 View Post
                    Hey, I was just reading through this and had a relevant question. In my '90 Ex my engine is just stamped as an f22a. Since this indicates that it's JDM, is there a way I can check and see if the cam is an A6 cam as opposed to an A1/4? Reason I ask was that I was at the junkyard yesterday, and I was going to go back today to get an a6 cam, but this thread makes me unsure of whether I need it! I already have an a6 manifold to install, and my trip yesterday yielded a pt6! Everything but the cam.
                    I'm not sure. People have asked this question before, and I've never been able to give a definite answer. There SHOULD be markings of some sort on the cam, but I've never had both cams in hand to compare.

Comment

I blew up my JDM F22a and got it replaced with a JDM H22a.

the F22a came off a JDM CB9, which had 140PS and 192Nm

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                      X