Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22b1 swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b1 swap help

Hey everyone finally found a section I can post in. Well anyway onto my problem. I just about got the engine together and have a few questions. My previous crankpulley and bolt are completely trashed (half the bolt is still in the old engine), so I got a new pulley bolt and key and went to put it on but IT WONT FIT. Stupid bolt is to small.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NKSHAFT-PISTON

Now part 21 on this website, its for a 94 accord, this should solve my problems eh? Im broke enough as is I dont want to spend 20 dollars on a bolt to have it be wrong.

And also from what ive read My car should be capable of vtec I just need to wire it up to the ecu from the extra sensors on the engine. Correct?

Thanks!

Yep you can use the 94+ accord pulley,and vtec will work after wired in and only with a p13,chipped p28,p72,and po6 ECU's
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
      Yep you can use the 94+ accord pulley,and vtec will work after wired in and only with a p13,chipped p28,p72,and po6 ECU's
      The best ECU to use would be a P0A, it was the stock ECU for that motor. Definitely wouldn't use a P13, dual cam VTEC is very different.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

I hope you aren't doing this swap with hopes to get a performance upgrade... because there will be none, the f22b1 vtec system isn't designed for performance.

And it is a pretty bad idea to run an ECU from another engine. Get the F22b1 ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
          The best ECU to use would be a P0A, it was the stock ECU for that motor. Definitely wouldn't use a P13, dual cam VTEC is very different.
          The ECU really doesn't know how many cams the motor has. But yes, the P0A is the proper ECU for that motor.

Ugh... I hate helping with F22B1 swaps. It's such a garbage motor. I really hope a perfectly good F22A wasn't removed for this swap.

Comment

im aware of performance, I came from an h22a swapped Da. And I know the f22a flows better. This is a commuter car and I happened to come across this for very cheap Im hoping the vtec and slightly higher output will help yeild even better gas mileage. But if not no biggie.

Im sorry if I offend anyone with doing this swap lol

The swap really is a PITA as far as drop in, Honda should have made this a different series rather than F idk what they were thinking almost nothing is compatible.

Comment

Ok, as long as it's just as a replacement, then I can support it. I just get so many people on here saying "I wanna upgrade to an F22B1 VTECH!" that my first reaction is "NO!!!" It IS a reliable and efficient motor, though. It does exactly waht Honda intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick92 View Post
                The swap really is a PITA as far as drop in, Honda should have made this a different series rather than F idk what they were thinking almost nothing is compatible.
                You are so right, the H22 in the CB is really not all that bad, but H22 in the CD is a whole diff. story, same would apply for the B1 or B2 into the CB. They really are quite abit different, same would go for the F23 too just from looks IMO.

Comment

The F23 has been more of a pain for members than any other F/H swap. Not sure why. The F22B1 is usually pretty straightforward. Most people don't have trouble... hopefully one of them will see this thread and offer more help!

Comment

I guess it is pretty straightforward, im just pissed I bought the engine unaware that all the parts it happened to be missing were not compatible from the a1.

Throttlebody
                    Crankpulley bolt
                    FuelRail
                    Flywheel
                    Fuel pressure reg
                    Alt and pwr steering brackets (wtf i thought the block was the one thing they had in common!!)

Also the Downpipe (need to have the bottom part of the f22a1 cut and welded on the b1 to extend it) as well as exhaust mani but I was aware of that.

and im sure there are more im not thinking of. But I hope when someone searches they can look and see my list of incompatible parts and save time and money. Im having a fun time removing all the tape over the engine harness and redoing it all at the moment. Lots of electrical tape!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The ECU really doesn't know how many cams the motor has. But yes, the P0A is the proper ECU for that motor.

Agreed that the ECU doesn't know, but the fuel map would be very different.
                      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                      X