Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Battery light on.. bad alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery light on.. bad alternator?

As am driving, the damn battery light comes on

pulled over to see if the belt had snapped or anything but it was still moving in rotation..

i turned the car off and turned it back on and the alternator belt continued to rotate but the battery light is still on..

could it be a bad alternator?

are yu running any type of sound system? and did you check if the belt is tight because if its loose then it will flicker on and off,

lovin every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post

yes

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

yea i do have a system

not flickering, just solid

Comment

how old is your battery? and it sounds to be a bad alternator, but before going out and spending money check the belt tension and if your batteries still good

lovin every minute of it

Comment

duralast gold, about 6 months old

Comment

hmm well i know some auto parts stores test batteries and alternators for not that much or you can try this, an old way my dad used to do is to turn the car on and take the negative wires off the battery if the vehicle keeps running, the battery could be bad. If the vehicle dies, the alternator is probably bad.

lovin every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by hussoles View Post
                hmm well i know some auto parts stores test batteries and alternators for not that much or you can try this, an old way my dad used to do is to turn the car on and take the negative wires off the battery if the vehicle keeps running, the battery could be bad. If the vehicle dies, the alternator is probably bad.
                He is right. This is how i diagnosed my alternator to be bad.
                -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                  As am driving, the damn battery light comes on

pulled over to see if the belt had snapped or anything but it was still moving in rotation..

i turned the car off and turned it back on and the alternator belt continued to rotate but the battery light is still on..

Yeup Your Alternator Died Did you wash your engine bay? thats how i killed my alternator lol the battery light kept flickering till sudden my engine ate all my battery and my car died then waited for and hour and it started again got home did the old fashion way taking out the negative on the battery while running "dont worry it wont shock you" then car shut off then alternator died =] got it rebuild for 70$ then good has new.

Comment

Working...
                  X