Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo Questions on F22A6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Questions on F22A6

In the future I want to add a turbo but I'm not sure how much power I want and what I'd have to replace to get that power. I was wondering if I could get an idea of what I need to replace for a certain amount of power, for example.

Stock 140 HP, 142 Torque. (Never dyno'ed)
    +50 HP and Torque - Cylinder Head, Cams
    +75 HP and Torque - ?
    +100 HP and Torque - ?
    +125 HP and Torque - ?
    etc

If I have the money I would like to put up around 300 HP but I'm not sure if I really need that.
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 09-19-2009, 06:45 PM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Depending on your setup and how well you tune it, you can make 225-300whp on a stock F22A6 with turbo.

I assume you're thinking of replacing the head with a DOHC head... which is actually a REALLY bad idea. The F22A head outflows just about every other option avilable to us.

As for your "what do I need for X amount of power" question... that's nearly impssible to answer. Different parts interact differently with each other. The number of combinations is infinite.

Search the Members Rides section for turbo cars to get an idea of what they're doing. For NA motors, check Granite CB7 for a fairly mild quality build, HondaFan81's "red" project for another, and his "white" project for something a bit more extreme. SOHCinWA and Bisimoto are the ones to look at for serious race builds (NA making 400hp or more)

Comment

My setup is 100% stock and around 410,000 KM on the engine. Makes sense about my "what do I need for X amount of power" question. Thanks for the rides listed there.

I'm thinking by 410,000 KM I'll need to replace a bunch of parts before I do anything serious.
      Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

i did 300 on a stock block stock tranny and axles, only change to motor was clutch and flywheel. 14psi and injectors on a super afc.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Also note I got automatic, not manual.
          Whats the injectors and a Super AFC?
          Current:

Past:

Comment

im boosting my motor with 323 000km on it....boost till it blows then swap
            Hold On Not Done Accelerating
            Had One Never Did Again

Comment

If I do that would just the engine be gone? Would other parts be affected?
              Current:

Past:

Comment

I'd stay away from the SAFC method of tuning. Best to do it properly with an ECU. It's more involved, and slightly more expensive... but I feel it's much safer. (turbo90accord IS far more experienced than I am, though... though that also means that he knows how to take shortcuts without making a mess.)

Comment

What's the SAFC method?
                  Current:

Past:

Comment

Using an SAFC to tune your car.

It would be to your benefit to throw any terms you don't know into Google, so you can understand what people are talking about.

Comment

SAFC - Saskatchewan Order of Fire Chiefs
                      http://www.safc.sk.ca/

Comment

Yeah, those guys don't know how to tune F22As at all. But they put them out damn quick when they catch on fire!

Comment

ROFL.... nice..

note id suggest when you do turbocharge that you get a turbo on the larger/laggier side.. why?

well if u get something small and very spool happy.. ur automatic tranny will be having daily seizures.. a larger turbo will allow for slower spool times and thus less drivetrain "shock"

get something atleast with a .63ar turbine housing..no 14b or t25 please..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

A small turbo will create more heat as well, which will eventually damage your engine. It'll also spool up more quickly, which sounds like a good thing... but you'll be driving around in boost all the time, which means you'll be burning a good amount of fuel.

Comment

What are some good turbo's I could put on?
                              So you guys are saying I could just snap on turbo and be fine? No major mods?

Just an new ECU or tweak it? (Is tweaking possible?)
                              I want this car to be reliable too as I'd be using it for work and stuff.
                              Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                              X