Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Code 41 "Oxygen Sensor Heater". Does this just mean the Oxygen Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 41 "Oxygen Sensor Heater". Does this just mean the Oxygen Sensor?

My car is throwing code 41 "Oxygen Sensor Heater" and I was just wondering if this meant the Oxygen Sensor.

There is another code for just "Oxygen Sensor" but I think there are 2 different O2 sensors. One has 3 wires and is heated and one has 2 wires and is not heater. Is this correct or is the Oxygen Sensor Heater a completely different part then the Oxygen Sensor itself?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

I belive there is only 1 o2 sensor. It is either up by the manifold, or down in the pipe by the cat. I got the code 41 also. I asked the the honda repair dept almost the exact same question, And the said that the heater is part of the o2 sensor itself. They said to just change out the o2 sensor as there is really no way to repair the heater unit inside it.

Comment

Its is heated and there is only one 02 sensor. Replace the sensor and you should be good to go.

My CB7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=phalpin

Comment

mine had the same code.
        it's a bad o2 sensor i used a bosch and it fixed mine

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

our o2 sensors have a heater to ...well...heat them up to speed up the process of going into closed loop...better for emissions.

That code means your o2 sensor is most likely reading right once warmed up...it's just that the heater isn't working.

But...since you have a code...it stays in open loop...so you have to replace the o2 sensor.
          ____

Comment

bump..........

Comment

Originally posted by Dinero View Post
              bump..........
              you've been here since 07 and you decided to post whore now?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinero View Post
                bump..........
                seriously...did you read this thread? it's been answered...you must WANT to be perma banned or something
                ____

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I should have been more clear on what I meant by 2 oxygen sensors. I did not mean 2 O2 sensors in 1 car. I just meant that there is 2 different styles of O2 sensor, heated ones and non-heated ones.

I am just going to buy a brand new O2 and replace it and hopefully that fixes the CEL.

Now will it will be OK to get a Bosch O2 sensor? I have read about there being problems with them in other threads. Do they need to be modded to get a correct reading?
                  Thanks everyone.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                  My member's ride

Comment

should be...I once thought my bosh o2 sensor was shitty cause it went out in a year...but turns out the fan bolts weren't tight...so the fan leaned back and ate my wires.

Check majestic honda prices...I think they were half the price of my local dealer...and honda o2 sensors are designed differently than bosch...as in the way the gas actually flows into the sensor...might make a diff...might not

When my $300 o2 sensor blows I'll use another bosch...and make sure the fan doesn't chew on it...and see how long they really last.
                    ____

Comment

Are the Denso units any good? I need a new sensor.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Are the Denso units any good? I need a new sensor.
                        I was also wondering how the Denso sensors were. What is the best O2 sensor for the money out of the following?

Denso $41
                        Bosch $56
                        Walker $81
                        SNG $68

They also have one on this website I am looking at that is the cheapest at $28 but it is just listed as "Replacement" and it is a universal O2 sensor.
                        Last edited by AbsurdNY; 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

I would rock with an OEM one but $150??? I mean Honda doesn't make sensors themselves... I'd rather find out what they use for OEM and find it at a discount lol

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            I would rock with an OEM one but $150??? I mean Honda doesn't make sensors themselves... I'd rather find out what they use for OEM and find it at a discount lol
                            Lol yea parts straight from Honda are so ridiculously priced. I think the OEM sensor is Denso. I could be wrong though. I'm going to crawl under my car in a little while and see if I can see the brand it is without dropping the downpipe. I don't know if the brand name is even on it.
                            Last edited by AbsurdNY; 10-01-2009, 01:05 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

I thought the oem sensors were NGK? perhaps I'm wrong??

I was having a similar issue, throwing a code 41, bought a new o2 sensor, still throwing a code. My check engine light would come on within seconds of starting my car. I got to reading in a Hayne's manual, I believe that, the o2 sensor doesn't send any information back to the ecu until it reaches a temperature of 700 degrees I believe. Come to find out, my ecu was shot. I swapped in another ecu, no more check engine light

Comment

Working...
                              X