Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flashing Doors Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing Doors Symbols

I notice this when i actually drove this CB that i bought a couple days ago. The bottom right side of the cluster where it tells you what doors are open. Well thats flashes when ever im driving it does every min or so. Has anybody encountered this wierd problem? Everything in the cluster works perfect as well as the door signals. Its just when im driving that it does that! Any help will be grateful!

Anyone?

Comment

No help?

Comment

probly got a badly grounded or faulty door jamb switch...

does it say all doors are open?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Sure do bro. All 4doors including the trunk. It just flashes every min or more.?
          Originally posted by H22artman View Post
          probly got a badly grounded or faulty door jamb switch...

does it say all doors are open?

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
            Sure do bro. All 4doors including the trunk. It just flashes every min or more.?
            in that case i'd guess towards a bad connection in the cluster.
            maybe something in the key switch as well since all the lights light up when you turn the car on...

dont know. thats a strange one...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Oh noo dude. The cluster works great and everything. Its just when im driving the Door Symbols flash but thats it nothing else lights up.
              maybe something in the key switch as well since all the lights light up when you turn the car on...

Comment

Since all the lights are flashing it seems like an issue with the wiring on the cluster. If it was only one of the door lights that was turning on I would say look at the connection on that door, sometime those spots rust and cause a bad ground.

Comment

Well its not that the doors lights are on. When im driving the cluster door lights come on. When all the door are closed dude. So i dont know whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                    Well its not that the doors lights are on. When im driving the cluster door lights come on. When all the door are closed dude. So i dont know whats going on.
                    dude.
                    what we are trying to tell you is to check the connection at the cluster.

its almost impossible that all the doors and the trunk switches would all be bad at once much less flash at the same time UNLESS you have a bad connection at the cluster. especially if your courtesy lights and dome light are off when the doors are closed.

remove the cluster and inspect the pins for that area of the cluster for corrosion or rust damage.

you have a bad connection/ground somewhere.
                    better break out a wiring diagram....

Comment

Oh ok bro. I taught that yall pictured that all my lights on the cluster would light up. But ok man im taking off the dash bezel in a min or soo and i will let yall know what happend. Thanks for your help dude.
                      dude.
                      what we are trying to tell you is to check the connection at the cluster.

its almost impossible that all the doors and the trunk switches would all be bad at once much less flash at the same time UNLESS you have a bad connection at the cluster. especially if your courtesy lights and dome light are off when the doors are closed.

remove the cluster and inspect the pins for that area of the cluster for corrosion or rust damage.

you have a bad connection/ground somewhere.
                      better break out a wiring diagram....

Comment

Thanks aswell bro!
                        Originally posted by GT-101 View Post
                        Since all the lights are flashing it seems like an issue with the wiring on the cluster. If it was only one of the door lights that was turning on I would say look at the connection on that door, sometime those spots rust and cause a bad ground.

Comment

Originally posted by H22Artman View Post

Im having this problem as well... all lights flashing while driving and its happening more frequently... your idea with it being something to do with the key switch makes sense... since i got the car the key in beeper goes off anytime i have either door open... even when they keys arent in. any ideas on what i should do next to diagnose the problem? im fairly good with electical.
                          90 LX 5spd 2dr (2011-2014)
                          93 EX 5spd 2dr (2013-2015)
                          92 LX 5spd 2dr (2015-present)

Comment

Originally posted by KW3gLuderInaCB7 View Post
                            Im having this problem as well... all lights flashing while driving and its happening more frequently... your idea with it being something to do with the key switch makes sense... since i got the car the key in beeper goes off anytime i have either door open... even when they keys arent in. any ideas on what i should do next to diagnose the problem? im fairly good with electical.
                            OP is 3 years old. Make your own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KW3gLuderInaCB7 View Post
                              your idea with it being something to do with the key switch makes sense...
                              Dude your asking questions to probably hasn't checked this thread since, well 2009.
                              Originally posted by 13k View Post
                              OP is 3 years old. Make your own thread.
                              Yeah seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X