Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

transmission fluid change possible issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission fluid change possible issue

so today i did two things. first was the main relay fix, everything went smoothly with that, as i have had quite a bit of previous solder experience. except i didnt bolt anything back up inside there, just in case it ceases to work in a few days.

second thing i did today was change the transmission fluid. First thing to note, bolts were EXTREMELY difficult to remove. The drain bolt was so difficult that it ended up bending it slightly.

Second thing to note, I had the car up on ramps, and filled it up that way. I was only able to get between 1.5 and 1.75 quarts in it. Is that normal? I read the diy and it said approximately 2 quarts.

Last, thanks to both people that linked me the main relay diy, i had no idea where it was located, that helped a lot. Seriously, if anyone else is considering this in the near future, make SURE you have a good extension, will save a ton of time.

Its been a while, but i hope to get some more activity on here in the near future. After i find out whether my new job is going to be longer than just seasonal or not, will determine whether or not I will be purchasing a new suspension set up.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    --John Stewart Mill--

it's common sense with the tranny tilted back ,no way you'll be able to put 2 quarts in it without spilling .it'll seem full but it's not
    see if you can get it to a lift and fill it up .

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

how long will it be safe to drive like this? Im going to a shop with a lift tuesday, but i need the car till then. also, im going to add to this thread because i dont feel like making a new one.

Ive been looking into doing some work on the suspension and such. I need to replace my outer tie rods, because the ones i recently replaced it with didnt fit right and will grind into the wheel if i turn it too far to the right. i dont know if this was due to a bad installation or wrong part, but either way i had someone grind them down a little bit, which i dont really feel safe with. does anyone know where i can get a set of tie rods? is there an option for better performance?

also, i need new upper control arms, is there a performance option for those as well?
      War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
      --John Stewart Mill--

Comment

you should be fine til' Tuesday with the tranny.

about your suspension work ,if you need parts check with TASAUTO
        here's a link http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Reputable and approved vendor on the site

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
          you should be fine til' Tuesday with the tranny.

about your suspension work ,if you need parts check with TASAUTO
          here's a link http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Reputable and approved vendor on the site
          Clipboard failure lol. It's www.tasauto.com

Comment

thanks a lot
            --John Stewart Mill--

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Actually, if you clicked the link, it took you to the TasAuto section of the forums.

Smart ass failure lol.

Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                No cookies for you , TRY AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  Actually, if you clicked the link, it took you to the TasAuto section of the forums.

Smart ass failure lol.

Weird. I clicked it to see where it took me and it took me to the beginner section. Now it takes me to the tasauto page . I fail.

Comment

Working...
                  X