Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clunking sound when driving and Turning CV Joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clunking sound when driving and Turning CV Joint?

Hey

I got into accident on the left side of the wheel. I replaced everything from knuckle to suspension cross member. The only thing i didn't replace is axle.

From the look at it axle was not bend and it was in good condition (boot)

Recently my car have been back on the road. It start making clunking sound when driving straight sometime. (On and off i think i drive over small bump and it make sound) When I'm in park, I turn the wheel all the way Left to Right. I can hear it is making sound clunking sound.

Is my CV-Joint are damage from the accident?

That sounds like a C.V. joint,mabye the joint is broken but the boot did not rip.Take the axel out and remove the boot and check the condition of the joint,the inner one too.
    I know....I'm gunna lower it

Comment

I had the same problem recently I just changed the whole axle and it went away. Turn you wheel all the way to the left and see how much play you have on the axle. Mine was so bad I was pulling my axle back and forth and it was banging hard.

the sedan
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
      the wagon
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
      the integra
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybean21 View Post
        I had the same problem recently I just changed the whole axle and it went away. Turn you wheel all the way to the left and see how much play you have on the axle. Mine was so bad I was pulling my axle back and forth and it was banging hard.

yeah yeah I can do that also! At first i was like this is not normal I think.....then i just leave it alone.

Will be changing today. Only $50 anyway

my right side is brand new so I knew it have to be left side.

Comment

I had the same problem... replacing the axle did the trick.

Comment

Replacing axle can be Easy thing or Hard thing. But most of the time is just straight forward and simple.

For me......Left side suspension and every have to come out. Lower Ball Joint is not my best friend today!

I end up taking out my rotor, suspension (I can't take the fork out because with Form and Function Lower mount is very tight. I have to take it out as one piece)

I have to get big hammer just to hammer out lower ball joint from lower control arm.

I end up having to get new LBJ due to a lot of damage from hammer.

I hate my day! new axle better fix clunking sound.

Comment

hey do i get that money if you are correct?

if so how much do i get?

Comment

Haha. Yeah it's the axle. From my experience the noise only happens when you turn toward the side with the bad axle. Example: Left turns will make the crunching clicking sound in the left axle.

Left side is easier if you have an intermediate shaft.

Comment

Working...
                X