Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
    apexi filter blew the rest away...

one thing i would never skimp on after my quad incident is an air filter.. so im thinking an apexi filter will prolly be in order
    That would be my choice when buying one.

Comment

id go for spectre cuz it looks like K&N and is Dirt cheap, u will see a performance gain regardless but a tuned pipe will help with power, just save money get a autozone pipe paint it then put it on.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
      And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
      Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

"looks like" and "filters like" are two different things. The purpose of a filter is to keep crap from getting into your engine. A lousy filter will allow dust through, and will eventually cause harm.

K&N and AEM are all I would trust. I've heard nothing but bad things about HKS filters (other stuff from them is top notch, but their filters are garbage). Apexi is one that I've never looked into. The company makes good things, so it may be good... but personal experience from me says AEM and K&N filters only.

The pipe doesn't matter. If you don't need a CARB sticker, you don't need to pay AEM prices.

Comment

whats a CARB sticker?

Click it.... You know you wanna
          Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
            whats a CARB sticker?
            It means that your intake system is a C.A.R.B. (California Air Review Board) compliant aftermarket modification. For states that require CARB compliance on engine modifications, you are legally required to have this sticker on your engine modifications or you can get some fairly hefty fines.

Basically the sticker says "this modification does not make the emissions of this vehicle exceed the allowable limit set by the CARB, therefore it is allowable."

Comment

It's like the TÜV or EC sign in Europe.
              It's save and "norm" to use.

But in the US it's only California which is soooo restrictive or are there are states as well?
              CB8-Tuner

Comment

nah washington dont care

Click it.... You know you wanna
                Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

k&n..all the way

Comment

well just the filter....dnt get tge whole thing lol...too much money..unless ur willing to spend that much

Comment

I got AEM just cuz it looks nice and I had the money or just stick on a K&N filter
                      I know....I'm gunna lower it

Comment

the cheapest i found was on ebay. i got a kit for a CAI which was 2.75" piping. so it was two pieces. but have only installed the short ram piece. the generic filter they have is ass and i replaced it with a k&n filter. noticeably more pick up and i'm loving the sound. pics below

Comment

I think we should make this link a sticky. Very detailed differences of those filters and brands

*Needs*
                          -New shocks
                          -Struts
                          -Drop
                          -Cleaning
                          -New Tires/Wheels
                          -New Window Tint
                          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

t_rock, your bay looks REALLY clean

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                              t_rock, your bay looks REALLY clean
                              thanks josh! my car got broken into last week and got keyed. so gettin a fresh paint job to match my engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X