Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which Intake Manifold to get,F22A6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Intake Manifold to get,F22A6

I have an F22A6 and have been looking at what others are doing to intake manifolds,which intake manifold should I get to bolt up to my F22A6? I have found 2 close to where I am only problem is dont know which one to get, the Prelude 2.3L or the Prelude 2.2L V-TEC they have both....please help.

you can get an h23 IM or just keep the a6 IM which flows very well already
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

so keep my old a6 im and p&p it? and what short ram air to get or does it really matter? I've seen short ram airs on ebay for $30-60 or I can get an AEM for $120

Comment

The H23 manifold is a significant upgrade. The H23's plenum will bolt to the lower half of the F22A6 manifold, which is supposedly the best combinaton... but that's only a theory, as it has never been tested on a dyno.

As for a short ram, the pipe doesn't matter... but the filter does. You're going to want a proper AEM or K&N filter. You can get a cheapie pipe. That doesn't matter at all.

Comment

A6 with a bit of cleanup would be best. Your efforts with an H23 most likely wont be rewarded unless you're doing a serious build. However, you could do something crazy like have an adaptor plate made to make a Euro R or one of the fancy K20 manifolds fit. I just had an adaptor plate made for my F23 to H23 IM. With CNC and an aluminum 3/8" plate you can do pretty much anything.

Comment

The H23 intake manifold bolts right on, and gives a larger plenum and throttle body in stock form. Significant upgrades aren't necessary to see gains with it. However, anything done to increase breathing abililty will most certainly make better use of it... as will a proper ECU tune.

Comment

you can also install a spacer to you a6 Intake manifold to make it bigger

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The H23 manifold is a significant upgrade. The H23's plenum will bolt to the lower half of the F22A6 manifold, which is supposedly the best combinaton... but that's only a theory, as it has never been tested on a dyno.

As for a short ram, the pipe doesn't matter... but the filter does. You're going to want a proper AEM or K&N filter. You can get a cheapie pipe. That doesn't matter at all.
                even if it isnt the best, the egr ports are a little bit easier to service.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the f22b or a ( i cant remember ) has a much bigger tb bore than the h series. research it
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

bump
                    1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

get an h23/h22 throttle body and plenum (the plenums are very close to identical) and add a gutted IAB plate or blacktrax spacer under the stock one. this lengthens the runners which is good for the lower end power of the f-series. for high-end power, remove the IAB plate and bolt the h23 tb straight to the runners.

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      the f22b or a ( i cant remember ) has a much bigger tb bore than the h series. research it
                      i believe you are thinking of the f20c, or s2000 throttle body which is much bigger than the h-series tb. it bolts straight to the h23/h22 plenum as well i have never seen an f22b with a bigger bore than an h-series.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                      X