Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do I change my Auto Trans Oil?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change my Auto Trans Oil?!

I don't know how to change my Transmission Oil. I know there have been a write up for Manual's, But how is it different with an automatic. I don't want to fuck this up, so please be as detailed as possible. Any help would be great.

I'm trying to treat my vehicle as my Steed or like my Sword. It takes Perfection, not Progress.

Originally posted by Evrotownsend View Post
    I don't know how to change my Transmission Oil. I know there have been a write up for Manual's, But how is it different with an automatic. I don't want to fuck this up, so please be as detailed as possible. Any help would be great.

I'm trying to treat my vehicle as my Steed or like my Sword. It takes Perfection, not Progress.
    stick a 1/2 inch ratchet or extension bar into the trans drain plug. Look for a square shaped plug on the right side of the transmission (pass side of car). You should see it when you either jack up your car or turn your wheel all the way to the right. Its kinda on the side of the trans, not on the bottom.

Fill about 2.5-3 qts of HONDA ATF-Z1 don't use anything else. Just like powersteering fluid, its very particular on what fluids go in there.

You have to fill it through the dipstick hole up above. i used a long funnel.

Check the fluid level on the dipstick within a minute after shutting off the car. So start the car, shift through all the gears PRND321 a couple times and then shut the car off and check. Make sure its between the two marks or on the xxxxx part of the dipstick.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

is it ok if you add lucas to the tranny
      Turbo F22 Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by delaa108 View Post
        Just use Honda ATF.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

i actually used the lucas tranny honey and it kinda helped. but its messed up cuz im not sure if the fluid change helped or the lucas

Comment

Originally posted by delaa108 View Post
            the Honda ATF has all the additives you'll need to make the trans work like it should. Honda fluids are designed and engineered to work specifically for their parts so its not like they just made a universal ATF that goes in there.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i made the mistake of checking the fluid with the engen runing--i was wrong. it has to be done not runing --i need to change the fluid -.i just got the cb

Comment

i thought automatic transmissions were supposed to be checked with the car running?
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                  i thought automatic transmissions were supposed to be checked with the car running?
                  if you do that fluids will be jumping all around in the tranny and won't give you a correct reading.

you have to do it with the engine off so the fluids will settle down.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

i was taught the complete opposite in school. odd

Comment

You're supposed to check it while the car is running.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                        thats what i thought. i didnt think my auto tech professors were blowing smoke out of their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                          always check it with the car running... u will not get the right reading with it off.. tho i have seen on sum cars a mark on the dip stick to check it that way as well...

93 cb7 ex coupe
                          Granada Black Metallic

Comment

so. my grandpa had the car before me. and he did a complete flush before i got it and used Amsoil ATF fluid. that was bout 5 years ago. ive had no problems.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Comment

i thought it was to be checked running -but when i was at honda a week ago thay said not running ..i just read in the haynes repair manual --it said turn off engen wait 1 min and check
                              Last edited by Teddy; 11-28-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X