Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Throttle body!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body!

so, i'm about to buy a h23 IM and it doesnt have the TB. Seller will give me a H22 TB for an extra $40. good deal or no? i haven't researched TBs much and dont know if it would be to my advantage to get an H23 TB instead bcuz of possible differences in sensors or hoses or anything. IDK! lol
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
    so, i'm about to buy a h23 IM and it doesnt have the TB. Seller will give me a H22 TB for an extra $40. good deal or no? i haven't researched TBs much and dont know if it would be to my advantage to get an H23 TB instead bcuz of possible differences in sensors or hoses or anything. IDK! lol
    Yea jump on it!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

is it better than the h23 TB?
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I think its the same. Since the H23 and H22 share the same Intake manifold, except for their bolt patters on the runners.
        Accord 93 LX: H23 intake mani, Ebay short ram, P12 ecu, Full exhaust. Lots of noise... and that's about it, just noise. LOL
        Mazdapeed MX-5 04: Begi Intake, Forge BOV, Ebay FMIC. Whoooooooosh... Phhhff!

Comment

I'm running an h22 on h23 mani. For me I did it because the h22 one was cheaper lol.

Comment

ok. well then how bout size. some people say bigger is better; some say too big is bad. i'm in the process of an N/A build. i'm looking at 11.5:1 compression pistons. i have a 2.5" one piece CAI. And gunna run the full H23 manifold. do you guys have any sugestions for TB size? i'm lookin at maybe a skunk2 TB in the future and find a variety of sizes. Is there any other information that could help? Thanks
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

You could go with the s2k tb as a nice upgrade. For your setup you'll be fine with just an h22 though.

Comment

Get the H22 (it's the same as the H23) and bore it out to 64mm-65mm.

Stock S2k is 62mm-63mm if I remember correctly... that and no idle adjustment screw.
                Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I got an h22 TB with H23 manifold, check out my thread, they fit the same, and hell, $40 bucks aint bad, I got my TB about $45.....go for it!

Comment

alright sounds like i've made my mind. thanks guys!
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

so if i wanted to get a skunk2 TB later, would it hurt at all? i kno sometimes it can bee TOO big, but it seems like they only sell 68mm. i do like them tho
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Skunk2 TBs only fit Skunk2 manifolds, unless they've changed the way they make them.

And the H22 and H23 throttle bodies are identical.

Comment

Make sure it does not have the map sensor on it, and the hookup for the charcoal canister hose. That way it'll hook up real easy like OEM.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                            so if i wanted to get a skunk2 TB later, would it hurt at all? i kno sometimes it can bee TOO big, but it seems like they only sell 68mm. i do like them tho
                            Stay away from the Skunk2 throttle bodies. I had a 68mm Skunk2 on my s2k and all I had were problems with it. It wasn't the best of quality IMO either.

And yeah, s2k throttle bodies are 63mm.

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
                              And yeah, s2k throttle bodies are 63mm.
                              Thanks for confirming that.
                              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                              X