Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need ECU choice help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ECU choice help!

ok so as i have posted before i have a JDM F22B DOHC in my accord but have to rebuild it. it never ran right. what ECU do i need or do i need to chip it? can someone please explain.

Knock sensor in the block, and run a p14. That's what I've heard to do. Your running a p39 currently correct? DSM injectors with either an AFC hack or a standalone if you're gonna go fi...

life is good.

Comment

yea i guess its the p39 i mean everything is stock throughout the wiring. so where would i get a p14 or rather what car does it come out of?

Comment

Came from the Prelude Si H23. JY's are your friend Or, search ebay maybe there's one hangin' out somewhere waiting for ya.

life is good.

Comment

perfect thats what i needed to know cause i have one in a JY bout 3 mins from my house now i beleive i can start on the motor pull and get a move on with the rebirth of my cb7!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ztaccord View Post
            ok so as i have posted before i have a JDM F22B DOHC in my accord but have to rebuild it. it never ran right. what ECU do i need or do i need to chip it? can someone please explain.
            Run a pt6 or use the p39 (as that was the ECU for THAT motor.)

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
            Knock sensor in the block, and run a p14. That's what I've heard to do. Your running a p39 currently correct? DSM injectors with either an AFC hack or a standalone if you're gonna go fi...
            The F22B DOHC does NOT have a knock sensor. I KNOW I swapped this into my CB.

Best bet is to find a p06 and find someone to chip it and burn a basemap on it for you, then go get it TUNED!
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Listen to father time He has actually done it, not going on the basis of what he's heard like me. Someone told me you have to put a knock sensor in Good luck with it man!

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                Run a pt6 or use the p39 (as that was the ECU for THAT motor.)

The F22B DOHC does NOT have a knock sensor. I KNOW I swapped this into my CB.

Best bet is to find a p06 and find someone to chip it and burn a basemap on it for you, then go get it TUNED!
                He's saying to use a knock sensor when using the P14, since it looks for one.

DJ metadelic, please stop giving bad advice. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't regurgitated halfassed information that was told to you by other people.

ztaccord,
                The P14 is NOT the best ECU to run. The P39 is the ECU you want. If "everything is stock", then I assume that you did not change the ECU, correct? Then you are probably running the PT3 or PT6, whichever came in your car initially. Get a PT3.

Honestly, if it's not running correctly, the ECU probably isn't your problem.

Comment

Working...
                X