Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay projector retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay projector retro

Wanted to know if anyone has done a retro to their ebay one piece. I found some e46/audi tt projectors and wanted to know what your opinions were on them. my projectors in my housing came loose so i figured i would just retro them. any help would be much appreciated. im trying to see how much work i am getting myself into. thanks

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=75317&page=9

page 9 and 10

thanks.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

aww_shiet, who was voted "Accord of the Year" a few years back, was one of the first to do a retrofit on cheap aftermarket lights.

The bad part of those cheap lights is the projector output... so replace that with something good, and it's worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        I mean the one piece like these:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...Q5fAccessories

Anyone?

Comment

It's a plastic housing. That's all it is. Replace the projectors with any quality projector retrofit and they'll be good.

Or are you mistaking "retrofit" to mean "installing these shitty lights on my car"?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            It's a plastic housing. That's all it is. Replace the projectors with any quality projector retrofit and they'll be good.

Or are you mistaking "retrofit" to mean "installing these shitty lights on my car"?
            ha ha i think what Deev said is what you should do. the link you post are lights with not so great output. so buy em and put your good projectors in there case closed...

Ride List
            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

From the first post, I gather that he understands the meaning of a retrofit. That being said, it's just a housing. They all fit pretty well. I've never heard of fitment issues, even with cheapo lights. The only problem with those is the output, and that will be corrected with a quality retrofit and some HIDs.

Comment

check out my sig...I did one
                New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
                  check out my sig...I did one
                  those are sick thats what i was thinking about doing. i already had hids in them and the output was fine but when i went to adjust them the projector popped out of place so i figured id do a retrofit on them should i stick with 6k or move to 5k for brightness?

Comment

I believe 6-5k should be great for light output...I have 8k but I am planning on going 6k to keep the blue tint and have better light output
                    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                    tsx retrofit
                    f22b dohc boosted
                    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

6k isn't really bad as far as brighness goes. It's when you get to 8k and above that it begins to reduce visibility significantly. It may look cool, but for lights that you depend on for safety, not a good thing! The color is in the bulbs, though, and bulbs come cheap-ish anymore... so you can always pick up some bulbs with more color for show! I want to do that myself.

blueplanet, if you had cheap ebay projectors, and you do a retrofit with proper HID projectors, you will notice a considerable difference.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        6k isn't really bad as far as brighness goes. It's when you get to 8k and above that it begins to reduce visibility significantly. It may look cool, but for lights that you depend on for safety, not a good thing! The color is in the bulbs, though, and bulbs come cheap-ish anymore... so you can always pick up some bulbs with more color for show! I want to do that myself.

blueplanet, if you had cheap ebay projectors, and you do a retrofit with proper HID projectors, you will notice a considerable difference.
                        yeah i know it was fine for a while but once cars with the same 6k hids started to overpower my lights i was getting annoyed so now that they are busted it gives me a good reason to do a retro. plus i plan on getting some hid projector fogs to brighten everything up a little more. haha

Comment

Working...
                        X