Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor swap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was your car automatic and now your turning it 5 speed???

Comment

You need an engineering certificate in Australia to do a swap?

In the US, you just put it in there. Friends of mine have done H22 swaps over night in their back yards. The only thing that the government cares about is emissions, and if the engine is older than the car (which really only matters if it's a different OBD... like an OBD1 engine in an OBD2 car)

California is a bit more strict than the rest of the country. If you don't have the swap approved, and a police officer takes a look at your engine bay, you could be in trouble. I forget if it's just a fine, or if they actually impound the car. Thankfully, I'm on the other side of the country!

Originally posted by envy View Post
      thank u guess in advance ...... i have a 1992 lx honda accord, and i brought a jdm h22a complete swap ,and they say the jdm h22 will bolt right in but mines doesnt ..the tranny mount is to long and it is throwing the engine off it news to go up and over to the right i cant get the driverside mount in nor the tranny mount.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO A
      Read the "sticky" threads in the Swaps section of this site. They will tell you step by step. You use the Accord mounts, and you have to drill and tap one hole in the Prelude transmission.

It's best to make your own thread, rather than ask your questions in someone else's thread.

Comment

help with a h22a swap into a 1992 honda accord

thank u guess in advance ...... i have a 1992 lx honda accord 5 speed, and i brought a jdm h22a complete swap 5 speed ,and they say the jdm h22 will bolt right in but mines doesnt ..the tranny mount is to long and it is throwing the engine off it news to go up and over to the right i cant get the driverside mount in nor the tranny mount.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO or does anyone sell the mount to the tranny

Comment

I say H23 non vtec. Great motor for snail fun. But that's just me.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
            I say H23 non vtec. Great motor for snail fun. But that's just me.
            The OP is in Australia. I'm not 100% sure the H23 is available there.
            Also, the H23 isn't any better for boost than an F22A. If power output is all that matters in a turbo setup, there's no reason to change the engine. It'd be smartest to put money into building the engine that's already in the car, rather than shelling out the cash for another stock motor.

Originally posted by envy View Post
            thank u guess in advance ...... i have a 1992 lx honda accord 5 speed, and i brought a jdm h22a complete swap 5 speed ,and they say the jdm h22 will bolt right in but mines doesnt ..the tranny mount is to long and it is throwing the engine off it news to go up and over to the right i cant get the driverside mount in nor the tranny mount.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO or does anyone sell the mount to the tranny
            I said it once. I'll say it again. I won't say it a third time.

Read the "sticky" threads in the Swaps section. You have to drill and tap a new hole in the transmission casing, and use the Accord mounts.

If you post this question again, you will be banned from this site, and you will be on your own. I will see to it personally. Now stop being rude and whoring up other people's threads.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The OP is in Australia. I'm not 100% sure the H23 is available there.
              Also, the H23 isn't any better for boost than an F22A. If power output is all that matters in a turbo setup, there's no reason to change the engine. It'd be smartest to put money into building the engine that's already in the car, rather than shelling out the cash for another stock motor.
              This is true. I've heard of, and have seen a few nice F builds which included...snailllllllll funnnnnn

life is good.

Comment

i would definitely go with the h22 swap. it will get you the best results for how cheap and easy it is to install. i did it in my car and i could immediately feel the difference. the 5 speed conversion is also worth it if you have the money. i didnt do the 5 speed conversion at the time and i definitely regret it, i will be doing it soon.

Comment

I'm locking this thread, since we have 3 different discussions going on here. Hell, even I got confused! (the OP is not in Australia... that was just the first thread hijacker...)

OP, do some research, and get what you want. The engine with the most horsepower is generally the best choice. Unless you want to go turbo. Then you have a whole lot more to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X