Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will F22B dohc run right on a H23 Ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will F22B dohc run right on a H23 Ecu?

Hi guys, I know this should be posted in the technical forum threads, but since I'm a new member I can't do it yet. I'm going to swap an F22b dohc that I recently purchased into my 1990 accord this summer. What I was wondering is the P14 ecu from a H23 a suitable substitute for the P39 ecu which comes with F22b dohc? I know this can be done due to research I've done on this site, but how well will this combo run the motor? Will I get the same performance or close to same performance as I would with P39 ecu? Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by HondaMechanic View Post
    Hi guys, I know this should be posted in the technical forum threads, but since I'm a new member I can't do it yet. I'm going to swap an F22b dohc that I recently purchased into my 1990 accord this summer. What I was wondering is the P14 ecu from a H23 a suitable substitute for the P39 ecu which comes with F22b dohc? I know this can be done due to research I've done on this site, but how well will this combo run the motor? Will I get the same performance or close to same performance as I would with P39 ecu? Thanks for your input.
    This IS the technical forum for anyone with less than 30 posts... and you'll actually get better answers here (because anyone that flames you and doesn't help will get banned!)

The P14 won't be right, obviously. It'll run, and probably do so without doing any damage, but it's not right.

Most people I know just use the PT3 or PT6 from their F22A.

Comment

But aren't the H23 and the f22b dohc very similar engines?

Comment

yes but diffrent spec's one is JDM other USDM

Links to my rides :
        1992 Accord EX*
        1990 Accord EX
        1991 Accord SE (4th)
        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
        1991 Accord SE

Comment

But aren't the H23 and the f22b dohc very similar engines?
          Different displacement, different compression, different internal composition. I believe the injector size may be the same (I haven't looked that up)

It's probably closer to the F22A than it is the H23A1. Spec-wise, it kinda falls right in the middle.

No ECU from any other engine is going to run it 100% correctly, though the PT3/6 or P14 will do the job well enough.

Comment

JDM F22B DOHC ecu is the p39. Heard they were hard to find though.

H23 also has a knock sensor that the F22B DOHC does not have as well. So you would have to wire one up IF you chose to do that.

I used my pt3 for a while when I did this swap and though it wasn't putting putting out the full potential of the motor, I did not have an issue with driving or idle. The only issue I had was the pt3 ecu doesn't support the IAB's and also caused the motor to run a little on the rich side.

Others have had better luck with the pt6 ecu as it has the capability to control the IAB on it.

Bottom line: I would use the pt6 rather than the p14 or pt3 till you were able to get your hands on a p06 ecu and get it chipped and tuned. NOT JUST A BASEMAP! TUNED like dyno tuned or the tuner sits in your car and tunes you while you drive.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Couldn't you just run the F22b dohc without a knock sensor because it doesn't come with one originally, if you used the P14 ecu?

Comment

Couldn't you just run the F22b dohc without a knock sensor because it doesn't come with one originally, if you used the P14 ecu?
                No, because the p14 will look for one and will not find it and throw a code and run like crap.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

The ECU cares about the knock sensor, and that's what matters. Run a P14 on a llama and it'll look for a knock sensor.

Comment

That would make sense that it would throw a code. What is a llama? Is it some sort of piggyback system or coversion harness?
                    Last edited by HondaMechanic; 01-15-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

That would make sense that it would throw a code. What is a llama? Is it some sort of piggyback system or coversion harness?
                      i believe he was referring to this:
                      Click to see ride.↓↓

Comment

Yes, that would be a llama. And generally, they do not have knock sensors.

Comment

Can I just wire one up on my llama though? I got a really good deal for one with no rust on craigslist.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

You Probably better with a chipped ecu with a basemap, eliminating knock and egr sensor! Then tune in the future.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                            MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                              Can I just wire one up on my llama though? I got a really good deal for one with no rust on craigslist.
                              No rust on a llama? Man... we don't get em like that up here! You better jump on that like the Lone Ranger on Tonto during those lonely, lonely nights...

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post
                              You Probably better with a chipped ecu with a basemap, eliminating knock and egr sensor! Then tune in the future.
                              A basemap is a bad idea. Running a stock ECU that isn't 100% right is a MUCH safer alternative to a basemap. Basemaps are intended ONLY to get the car running to be tuned. They are not to be driven on.

Comment

Working...
                              X