Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2 screws on rear rotor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 screws on rear rotor...

i cant remove the 2 screws holding the rotor... i tried everything, hitin it with a hammer and turning it with a screwdriver at the same time, tried heating up the screw, nd i tried wd40.. nothing worked

any advice

drill out the head of it, so you can get the rotor off. then use vice grips to remove the stud that remains... if your new rotors didnt come with new screws, put in an order ASAP for a few new ones from the dealership so youll have them in time for the reinstall.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      drill out the head of it, so you can get the rotor off. then use vice grips to remove the stud that remains... if your new rotors didnt come with new screws, put in an order ASAP for a few new ones from the dealership so youll have them in time for the reinstall.
      You don't really need those screws. The torque from the lugnuts should hold the rotor to the hub just fine.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i wouldn't have used heat, try dry ice... it shrinks the metal allowing for space to turn. trust me it works. either way... good luck.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
        DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

those are all good ideas but i think im goin to take the g mans idea

Comment

i like the dry ice idea. i havent heard or seen that one yet. let us know how it works. alot of friends say drown each screw in wd-40 or pb blaster for 24-48 hours applying more when u think about it haha GL ill be doing this soon
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

do what g-man said, then buy yourself the screws later.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
              DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

they sell a impact driver set just for those screws. the set is not expensive at all just buy that and take it off. useing a hammer and a screwdriver wont work you have to have a impact driver set to do it right.

the lugnuts might hold it on good but i have seen lug nuts get lose and if that happens it wont be good i would put the screws back in dont do your brake system half ass.

life is as good as you make it. So forget what people say and do what makes you happy

Comment

Thoes screws just hold the rotor on the car when its at the factory so they dont fall off... You dont need them really the wheel holds the rotor on not the little cheap screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Thoes screws just hold the rotor on the car when its at the factory so they dont fall off... You dont need them really the wheel holds the rotor on not the little cheap screws.
                    thats what i thought cus those screws are small.. yea so 2morow ill prolly just drill the head off and put the rotor without them screws..

thanks guys for all the reply's

Comment

Lol, I used an air hammer to turn my screws out. They were extremely rusted on.
                      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

cool go for it

life is as good as you make it. So forget what people say and do what makes you happy

Comment

Working...
                        X