Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which type of gas are u getting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which type of gas are u getting?

i've always ben using 93 super gas from shell ever since i've had my 99 accord. now that i have the cb7, im wondering if i should change that. i mean the 93 gas should help kill some gunk. but what do u guys think? is it worth it?

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

i used to only put 89 in my accord. but since its gotten more expensive i got to the 87.
    COUPE K24

Comment

all you need is 87, compression and timing aren't to a point in the F22 to need anything more... if your worried about gunk, pour a can of seafoam in the gas tank every month or so.
      91 EX Coupe 5 Speed
      My Ride Thread

ASE Certified Master Tech Since 2005

Originally posted by deevergote
      That's like watching a guy stick his head up his own ass. Impressive... but why?
      Bought From: Quakerjoe , MikeW

Comment

87 Octane

life is good.

Comment

93 Octane from Shell... Damn the Prelude for having to use premium, lol.

Comment

I'm currently experiencing a significant increase in intestinal gas.

Comment

87 octane higher octane does not equal cleaner or better gas. it's a waste to use higher than 87 in an f22ax
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Yup... just less prone to detonation.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                  I'm currently experiencing a significant increase in intestinal gas.
                  Hopefully you'll fart race gas. Around here, it smells like cherries!

87 octane is all you need. Get it from a good station, with new equipment, to ensure proper filtration, and a limited amount of sediment in their tanks. Try not to get gas when there's a truck filling their tanks, because that stirs up the sediment that may be at the bottom of the tanks.

You do not need higher than 87 octane unless you have high compression, or forced induction.

Comment

lol someone should sticky a gas thread, there is a new one posted like every week. As well as "what type of oil should I use"
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

It's amazing... if you read the manual that came with your car (I know many don't have it anymore...) it says exactly what to put in there. I never understood why everyone seems to think Honda doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to the cars they designed.

If I sticky a gas thread, NOBODY will read it. That's the fastest way to get a thread ignored, trust me!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Hopefully you'll fart race gas. Around here, it smells like cherries!

87 octane is all you need. Get it from a good station, with new equipment, to ensure proper filtration, and a limited amount of sediment in their tanks. Try not to get gas when there's a truck filling their tanks, because that stirs up the sediment that may be at the bottom of the tanks.

You do not need higher than 87 octane unless you have high compression, or forced induction.
                        Tried to explain this to my dad the other day when he and I were out trying to get gas. I pulled past the usual stations he fills up at when I saw the tanker sitting there filling them up. He didn't understand what I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsaccordse View Post
                          93 Octane From Shell... Damn The Prelude For Having To Use Premium, Lol. :d
                          Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            If I sticky a gas thread, NOBODY will read it. That's the fastest way to get a thread ignored, trust me!
                            Instead of calling it a sticky, call it a skippy. Wait, no that won't work. People will read that and then say to themselves 'I suddenly want a pb&j sandwich.'

Comment

In the manual it actualy says 86 octane or higher. Have you guys ever seen 86 octane for sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X