Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best transmission fluid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best transmission fluid ?

I just changed my tranny and clutch and i was wondering what is the best tranny fluid to use?
    Last edited by cb7 kid 617; 01-27-2010, 11:27 PM.

OEM honda mtf, or syncromesh.

life is good.

Comment

Honda Genuine
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

You can also use 10w30 Honda oil.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          Honda Genuine
          X2

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
          MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
          11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

I put honda mtf an my tranny goes in gears like butter

Comment

I've only used OEM Honda.
              Previous: '92 Accord EX Coupe

Sold To: zack_odom

Comment

Originally posted by cb7trancebeast View Post
                X2

using redline mtf(50%) mt90(50%) no grinds!

Comment

I used Honda mtf. My grinding issues stopped almost all together

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
                    You can also use 10w30 Honda oil.

you can use that but it will go south quick- you want a non detergent 30w or known as ND30W ND30....

BUT best is honda MTF IMO- I had a 99 si tranny that the syncros were out in 2,4,5 and always did a reverse grind PERIOD- flushed the penzoil syncro and put in honda MTF- NO GRINDS, no nothing shifts were smooth as butter
                    WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

I haven't used it but my friend uses royal purple mtf and swears by it. I use all of their other fluids and love them so that's something you could check out.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7trancebeast View Post
                        x3

Comment

It depends on who you ask. For instances, most people here like the Honda fluid, but if you ask RSX or newer Civic owners they will tell you Amsoil, as a matter of fact for a short while Honda had problems with the Honda fluid and the cars that have triple syncros so they were draining and refilling with Amsoil, which is what a friend of mine had done. I would say most syncromeshes will do the job. I personally use GM Synrcomesh, Fluid Friction Modified, and I have never had an issue with that.
                          1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

i am using castrol synthetic i still grind some times i need to try that oem honda stuff!!!

Comment

Quaker State 5w-30 motor oil!!

Just kidding. That's what I have in there (and the manual included with my 92 actually recomments either 10w-40 or 5w-30 depending on operating temperature) but I'm sure the Honda MTF is much better. Maybe I'll switch when i drain the tranny this spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X