Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20A8 Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20A8 Intake Manifold

Ok so i have a F20A8 the thing is it seems to me from looking that i dont have butterflys, therefore single runners.

Is it likely that altho mine is F20A8 i have the same manifold as the F22A1 which i believe to be single runner??

Would i therefore benefit from running a F22A6 manifold (with or without the H23 mod doesnt matter at this point)

Theres no way surely that my single runner manifold has any benefits??
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Get us some pics.

Best bet would be to go for the H23 IM, honestly.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Either running a full F22a6 or H23 IM will work and help the engine breathe better.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Ok so i got a f22a6 manifold on its way to fit this i assume its a direct bolt on, is there extra piping or wiring needed?

what about the butterflies how does that get connected up?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

You'll need the "black box" that controls the IAB system. If it doesn't come with it, you can find one on an H22.

The H23 manifold would be more of a gain than the F22A6, but the A6 will still be an improvement over what you have, most likely.
          What are the specs of the F22A8, do you know? Horsepower figures?

I can't find any info on it myself...

Comment

take a pic of your intake. so we can see if your smog parts are the same

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

X2 on what Night Wolf said.

I'd say just grab an H23 IM and make sure to get the black box. Since you have an F20A8 (Which I am assuming is some sort of foreign market engine 2 liter SOHC?), I'd try to source a PT2 ECU, since it will run a 2.0 liter without running it rich like a PT6 would, and it would be able to control the IABs. Another option would obviously be to source a PT6.

I don't know though, I could be wrong about some of this information because I am not familiar with that engine, but I'm assuming it is very similer to the JDM F20A SOHC and this is what my ideas are based upon.
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

I read F22A8 for some stupid reason!

Max output : F20A2 / F20A8 110 PS @ 6000 rpm (PGM-carb)
                Max torque : F20A2 / F20A4 / F20A8 18.5 kg m @ 4300 rpm (PGM-Fi), 16.1 kg m @ 3800 rpm (PGM-carb)

Yeah... that's not even an F22A1. Holy crap is that a pathetic engine! It's probably a 2.0L F22A1... and the lower power comes with the smaller displacement. The F22A6 IM will definitely help a good deal. It's possible that the H23 manifold might be TOO large, without increasing airflow in other places.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I read F22A8 for some stupid reason!

Max output : F20A2 / F20A8 110 PS @ 6000 rpm (PGM-carb)
                  Max torque : F20A2 / F20A4 / F20A8 18.5 kg m @ 4300 rpm (PGM-Fi), 16.1 kg m @ 3800 rpm (PGM-carb)

Yeah... that's not even an F22A1. Holy crap is that a pathetic engine! It's probably a 2.0L F22A1... and the lower power comes with the smaller displacement. The F22A6 IM will definitely help a good deal. It's possible that the H23 manifold might be TOO large, without increasing airflow in other places.
                  REALLY?! Oh man. Way to bust his balls deev.

Anyway, now I'm thinking your best bet would be to swap an F22A6 in there and then you won't even have to worry about this little problem.

Comment

I don't know if the F22A6 was available in the UK. It'd probably be easier and cheaper just to swap in an H22 if it wasn't. If the laws allow it, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I don't know if the F22A6 was available in the UK. It'd probably be easier and cheaper just to swap in an H22 if it wasn't. If the laws allow it, that is.
                      True. Maybe there's an F20A DOHC available?

Comment

Whoa Whoa! miss info here! its not a carb its fuel injected and its come standard with 145bhp and 138ftlb of torque its a UK spec version only available in the CB3 SE's. There is alot of miss info on the net wiki where u guys are looking at is wrong and so is a couple other places the manual says 145 and so did the MOT print out i got for the MOT which is like your smog the first time i asked for teh print out.

Ive use a device from uni that you programme in and use in car. Which is a rough guide and that said ive got 160ish bhp which with my mods could be about right tho a dyno would solve that.

But yeah thought i provide the right info

Check my sig for a quick look at engine bay ill get a close up of manifold soon as

Edit: peak power is at 5900
                        peak torque is at 4400
                        Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Better head to Wikipedia and edit that info! That's all I could find on it.

Ok, if it's 145bhp, then the parts are probably similar to the A6 already.

I can't tell from your engine bay shot. Do you have an IAB plate in your intake manifold? If so, knowing Honda (they like to re-use parts), it may be identical to the F22A6 manifold already.

Comment

forgot you could edit wiki lol, ive updated the info on there.

No there is no butterflys i believe its like a f22a4 manifold probs course the lesser displacement reduces torque and so single runner better for low down torque, or the other way round the higher compression ratio ment they didnt need to worry so much on the top end and stuck the cheaper manifold in or something?

I dunno i have the a6 manifold coming in the post a reconditioned one that will do fo now im perfectly aware that sticking the h23 upper part on is a further gain but ill be happy for now just to get the a6 runnin properly.

Question tho, if to start with i get it on but dont hook up the butterflys so that they are open all the time and sort the control box and out the ecu later

how will it run? benefits/negitive?
                            Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-12-2010, 03:44 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

It'll kill your low end, especially with the smaller displacement motor... but it won't do any damage. Some people actually remove the butterflies altogether, and just run the plate as a spacer.

Comment

Working...
                              X