Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No spark 92 cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark 92 cb7

Stock motor... it cranks, does not start at all! I took the the wire off and put a plug to it no spark. I have 12 volts at the distributer I took the cap off and tested it through the center of the cap. It was running ideling in the driveway when it shut off then wouldnt start again. 256k Should I just replace the distributer? is the coil and igniter in the dizzy? could I have broke the timing belt? main relay clicks and shuts off with engine light so I dont thinks its that.
    Last edited by djtomy; 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM.

check your fuses.. and doubt it was ur timing belt. for ur dizzy.. pull a spark plug out have it plugged in to the wire have the side base of the plug on a ground on ur car like a frame or something grounded to ur chassy. then have someone crank it see if ur getting spark you'll see it. just check lil shiz here and there shouldn't be hard to figure out whats going on..

Comment

if it was the dizzy, the car would just crank. you would have no spark either. If it starts and then shuts off, it might be the alternator
      The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
      James 4:7
      Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

check your battery terminals too....

updated 3/7/2009=best ET to date: 14.2 (no NOS)

Comment

Air/fuel/spark/compression....you are missing one. Time for a diagnosis. Just jump through the hoops accoding to the manual and you'll eventually find it. It's most definately not a broken timing belt....if so it wouldn't crank, it would be all starter.
          Last edited by 5sp5drCB; 02-10-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5sp5drCB View Post
            Air/fuel/spark/compression....you are missing one. Time for a diagnosis. Just jump through the hoops accoding to the manual and you'll eventually find it. It's most definately not a broken timing belt....if so it wouldn't crank, it would be all starter.
            ok good I will check again should I take the cap off and crank it to see if the rotor turns?

Originally posted by jdmguy91 View Post
            check your fuses.. and doubt it was ur timing belt. for ur dizzy.. pull a spark plug out have it plugged in to the wire have the side base of the plug on a ground on ur car like a frame or something grounded to ur chassy. then have someone crank it see if ur getting spark you'll see it. just check lil shiz here and there shouldn't be hard to figure out whats going on..
            which fuse?

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
            if it was the dizzy, the car would just crank. you would have no spark either. If it starts and then shuts off, it might be the alternator
            exzactly it just cranks.

Comment

check all your grounds also... i had this same problem with my 90 LX... ended up striping car because it needed a new wireharness... hope u get it running soon
              Originally posted by deevergote
              wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7inct View Post
                check all your grounds also... i had this same problem with my 90 LX... ended up striping car because it needed a new wireharness... hope u get it running soon
                thanks but I broke the timing belt

Comment

Working...
                X