Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which HID LIGHTS should I put?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which HID LIGHTS should I put?

Hey forum how is it goin?
    Hey guys look I got a manuel 5 speed transs sedan...tell me which HID lights can I put on it, I don't want to put on really bright lights b/c I dun want to get caugght be cops and gettin tickets and all that....

so guys please tel me?

Buy Silverstar ultra. You don't need HID's in your headlight housing, the output will suck.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

just that? but other ppl have it on their accord...but how?

Comment

How what? HID's aren't meant to go in headlight housings, they are meant to go into projectors. Silverstar Ultra's will give you really good light output, and they are white light. Google them.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I have a 4300k Phillips HID kit on mine, the result came out great. But of course I have H4 EDM headlights, I've heard that there are some differences compared to USDM headlights other than the bulb type..
          Last edited by lindiz; 03-16-2010, 10:09 AM.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
            How what? HID's aren't meant to go in headlight housings, they are meant to go into projectors. Silverstar Ultra's will give you really good light output, and they are white light. Google them.
            not 100&#37; true

a couple examples...

stock 2007 generation nissan altimas that came stock with hid options;--- although many times these cars blind the shit out of me but usually the ones that blind me are like super blue, like 10,000k, and probably installed aftermarket, you usually wont get that blue of HID's from dealerships.

the 2010 mustang does not have projectors and yet they have HID's too.---but boy did they design that housing well, havent seen any glare at all

on the other hand, "our" headlamps were not intended for HID's because the increased output of light increases the glare which blinds other drivers.
            Last edited by KB7; 03-16-2010, 04:20 AM.
            _

Comment

best bet is to retrofit projectors and get an HID kit...
              Search key on the top right area near the "Logout" key really helps...this forum is pretty much a library for our CBs. GL

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

New high output H4 bulbs would be enough.

Trust me the high end H4 bulbs have come along way. Most are now so much brighter than the oem ones 15 yrs ago that they look like HID's at times.

Stick with normal bulbs they are bright enough and would keep you on the safe side of being defected and given a fine.

Try high end bulbs first before doing the HID wiring, balast, igniter etc set up.
                Rides:

Accord
                92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

If you want to get HID's at the very least get a set of ebay two piece projectors.
                  they will set you on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    Buy Silverstar ultra. You don't need HID's in your headlight housing, the output will suck.
                    not true, i have 6k in my stock housing with the shields in them an there is really no glare. light output is good not great like it would be if i retrofit. but none the less its good to go
                    Last edited by 1990Ex; 03-16-2010, 06:39 AM.
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

It will sort of suck, if being able to light up four lanes of traffic and never get flashed is what sux.

Comment

this is a bit differnt.. but i got 6k 55w HID's in my legend (stock housings) and they are perfect and IMO anything over 6 you can't see in the rain real well..

not the greatest.. the pics dont really justify. and they are white not blue
                        just as a note, just aim them a little under stock so you dont blind everyone lol

http://www.ddmtuning.com
                        35w are probly a better choice for stock housings but i havn't done my retro fit yet ;P

Comment

Originally posted by KB7Acoord View Post
                          not 100% true

a couple examples...

stock 2007 generation nissan altimas that came stock with hid options;--- although many times these cars blind the shit out of me but usually the ones that blind me are like super blue, like 10,000k, and probably installed aftermarket, you usually wont get that blue of HID's from dealerships.

the 2010 mustang does not have projectors and yet they have HID's too.---but boy did they design that housing well, havent seen any glare at all

on the other hand, "our" headlamps were not intended for HID's because the increased output of light increases the glare which blinds other drivers.
                          There are a such thing as reflector housings made for hids. Remember the first gen tl's?- Back in the day when aftermarket hid kits were a million bucks. Its all about what the headlight housing is designed for, hids, or halogens. Other variables play a part as well, like if the center of the hid capsule lining up where the oem halogen filament was, generally they don't, so the reflector will give unexpected results, ie glaring and crap output- but now that you can get china made hid kits for like 60 bucks shipped, its VERY common to see some 10 million k glare on the streets, hell even even in the middle of a bright, sunny day. Cause after all, most folks with that type of getup feel the need to floss that ish. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

Originally posted by richie92ex View Post
                            There are a such thing as reflector housings made for hids. Remember the first gen tl's?- Back in the day when aftermarket hid kits were a million bucks. Its all about what the headlight housing is designed for, hids, or halogens. Other variables play a part as well, like if the center of the hid capsule lining up where the oem halogen filament was, generally they don't, so the reflector will give unexpected results, ie glaring and crap output- but now that you can get china made hid kits for like 60 bucks shipped, its VERY common to see some 10 million k glare on the streets, hell even even in the middle of a bright, sunny day. Cause after all, most folks with that type of getup feel the need to floss that ish. But hey, different strokes for different folks.
                            yes to all that i agree.

my first comment on this thread was only to help fatboy1185 comment, (i was not trying to disprove him), that HIDs are ONLY designed for projectors; which as i listed the examples is not a true statement. for our cars HIDs are only fair to fellow drivers in projectors. in many cases in order to put projectors on our cars you NEED HIDs.

to the one person here that says they do not get flashed at, i never flash at anyone who blinds me, because there is nothing flashing the other driver can accomplish, as long as the HIDs are the low beams. what are they supposed to do turn them off?

that being said i actually have reverse fog lights, (not the red one, actual white ones meant for the front) on the back of my car that i use in retaliation every now and then when drivers drive with their damn high beams on behind me. i also wired them to my reverse lights. i wired them to the dome light so i can even turn them on when the car is off, which is very handy at times.
                            Last edited by KB7; 03-16-2010, 09:25 AM.
                            _

Comment

i have 8k HIDs n they work fine they are bright but not to the extreme that people are blinded buy them. got them for $50 on ebay with warranty
                              1992 Honda Accord Lx
                              [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X