Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bought a cheap h22 in pieces how can o see if its good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought a cheap h22 in pieces how can o see if its good

I just bought a h22 off a friend of mine for $200. it was a spare motor
    he got with a eg civic with a h22 swap. he told me he doesnt know the condition of it but it has the wire harness, complete head, intake with vtec solenoid. from the outside it seems intact with minor sensors connector broken and the belt completely off.

I want to know what signs should i look for to know if its worth working on it. my plan is to do a NA build by doing a full top to bottom rebuild. also any books or manuals that i can use as a guide in tear down and rebuilding it.

i have a medium experience my cb i have already done a h23 swap and a suspension / 5 lug swap so this is my next project i want to accomplish.

93 Accord SE
    02 Highlander Limited

Compression test it.
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Well my first check would be the condition of head and pistons/rotating assembly... compression as well

Click it.... You know you wanna
      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
        Compression test it.
        and crank it by hand? lol.

Take the engine apart, and look at it. You can tell a lot then.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

If you're going to do a complete tear-down and rebuild, it doesn't really matter if the internals are in good shape. You'll find what needs to be done when you tear into it. As long as the block is ok, ie no thrown rods or anything, you should be good. There's really no way of knowing until you tear into it, but check the main journals and cylinder walls and stuff like that.

As for manuals, probably the best one for what you are doing is the Helm for the Prelude. The Chilton book will give you general tear down and rebuild info, but the Helm will go more in-depth. The Helm books are not cheap, but they are WELL worth it. I have a set (general and electrical) for both my Accord and my wiife's Del Sol. I also have Chilton books for both of them. If you can get both the Helm and the Chilton, you'll have more than you will ever need.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Just do a full build but check your valve guides and sleeves and crank for scarring... they should all be machined anyhow... honing, resurfacing, and polishing are very important lol get everything done rite the first time... if the pistons come out or the sleeves are kinda scarred hone it... if the guides are worn replace em... if the crank looks dull micropolish... if the valves look crusty replace em.... if the pistons look beat change em... don't cut any corners and it will pay off in the long run
            Last edited by flatblakftw; 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM.
            Team FTW
            Flat Blak cb7
            Summer 2010

Comment

i guess ill dive into it and tear it down cause the head is separated now so a compression test is not possible.

93 Accord SE
              02 Highlander Limited

Comment

Working...
              X