Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo pos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo pos

ok so as some of you know i am dropping the f22b1 sohc vtak motor in ma car(the a6 head is junk by the way so scrap that idea for now ) . the motor is bad for performance as i was told ,but what if i was to bosst the f22b1 would that make up for crapy head desighn .or would it just let go and end up in the same condition its in now''rod through the block'' lol

have you ever seen a f22b1-t on youtube
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

no but ill look lol

Comment

They do fairly well boosted. Still a crappy design, but a turbo can stuff enough air in there to make for a pretty nice street car. Honestly, turbo is the ONLY way to make an F22B1 worthwhile, IMO!

The exhaust ports are spaced differently than the F22A's, so you'll need to get an actual turbo manifold, not just a cheap DSM piece like the F22A can use. Not a big deal... it'll just cost a little more. An inexpensive cast iron log manifold from ebay will work just fine, and not cost too much.

Comment

cool im gonne go look now, i just wanna make sure im not building a grenade i dont have much expierance with this f series stuff , so the turbo makes up for the crapied head desighn lol thats good

Comment

Well, it doesn't really make up for it... but stuff enough forced air into the engine, and it'll be plenty for a fun daily driver.

Boosting an old stock engine is always a risk, though. It may blow up in 3 years, or it may blow up in 3 hours.

Get a properly sized turbo, and have the ECU tuned carefully, and you should be alright. Those are the biggest factors in keeping a boosted engine alive (assuming it's healthy to begin with).

Comment

absolutly now what size turbo should i be looking for 14b is too small for the 2.2 right gonna need t3/t4 ball park. or 14b twins lmoa who does that??

Comment

Nobody does twin on a 4 cylinder and expects anything from it.

t3/t4, big 16g... those are the primary options. Do some research, and understand what you're building... then build the system properly, so the parts work together.

Comment

rip it all out and go to the j/y and rebuild a a4!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                    rip it all out and go to the j/y and rebuild a a4!
                    Sorry dude your 9 days too late

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Nobody does twin on a 4 cylinder and expects anything from it.
                      how about 1000+hp??

Compound boosted F22 s2000 engine.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Is there a second turbo on there?

That's just... insane.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Is there a second turbo on there?

That's just... insane.
                          Yea the giant turbo on the back of the engine in the top picture is fed by the one on the front of the engine in the second pic.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Ah, duh... Why didn't I see that the first time around!

That's more of a sequential turbo setup though... a single turbo feeding another single turbo... not a traditional twin turbo setup that has each turbo fed by 2 cylinders... which would be dumb, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                            X