Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick ROH question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick ROH question???

Getting the hub and bearing, so now i just need some 98-02 accord Rotors and 4 attaching screws correct??
    Also since i'll be replacing the wheel bearing i should be able to just hammer the old one out without using anything to protect it??

Is this the front or rear?
    Rear is Prelude Hub/bearing assembly with Accord V6 Rotors and yes 2 screws for each side.

You CANNOT damage the spindle, your new bearings will be destroyed
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

for the front, i'm getting the kit from TAS.

Comment

Yello

I have a 93 accord 2 door...

OK so I want to do the swap and need to confirm some details...

I just need (2) 98 Acura CL hubs and (2) 1990-1998 Accord Front wheel bearings and get them pressed onto the hubs right?

Then I will need to shop for 98 front Acura CL front discs and 93 rear discs.

(probably both cross drilled)

4 rotor set screws, 2 for each side
        (you only need 1 per side....they just hold the rotor in place until you bolt the wheel up)

..and BAM...no more lame ass brake setup.

If anyone wants they can post links to revelant similar threads.

I saw this first here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2027047
        Last edited by Taurians' Ryde; 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rayray91 View Post
          Getting the hub and bearing, so now i just need some 98-02 accord Rotors and 4 attaching screws correct??
          Also since i'll be replacing the wheel bearing i should be able to just hammer the old one out without using anything to protect it??
          4 rotor positioning screws total (2 per side).

You could do the "hammer out" old hub/bearing assembly method since you're installing new hub/bearing assembly. I'd use a spare set of screws (not the originals!) and make sure to thread them well before hammering them out. Hammer out evenly and line up the hub/bearing assembly so it comes out, pay attention to the bearing flange shape and align with old rotor inside portion for this to remove smoothly.

In more corrosive environments, you may need a press for this process.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

^Yeah, def. use a junk set (4) of M10 bolts and tap on the heads of them in an even criss-cross pattern, you should be able to remove the entire hub/bearing assy from the knuckle. Do not use the the orig. bolts to hammer on, those are special and the metal will peen over. Heat and liquid wrench are your friends if things are heavily rusted and frozen aswell.

Comment

Working...
            X