Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, i really dont wanna deal wit blown struts. arent GR2's stock replacements?

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

That's how they're marketed, but instead of hydraulic fluid, they utilize gas charged cartridges, so while the performance rating may be roughly equivalent, the operating characteristics are not.
      Looking to buy: IAB Solenoid, and vacuum tank!

Comment

ah, i see. well, ill see how these konis hold up n if they shot i may buy gr2's. they not that expensive, right?

Comment

Umm... no. GR2s are stock replacement, good for springs no more than 15&#37; stiffer than stock. Bad idea.

If you don't want to simply replace the yellows (assuming that's what they are) under their lifetime warranty... invest in some Koni STR-Ts. They're Koni's low-end, not adjustable... but they'll hold up to anything you throw at them. They're also quite cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Umm... no. GR2s are stock replacement, good for springs no more than 15% stiffer than stock. Bad idea.

If you don't want to simply replace the yellows (assuming that's what they are) under their lifetime warranty... invest in some Koni STR-Ts. They're Koni's low-end, not adjustable... but they'll hold up to anything you throw at them. They're also quite cheap.
            I agree with deev on this. I used the GR2s due to budget constraints, not because theyre what I wanted to use. I plan on upgrading them sooner than later, but, deev, I am curious on where you got that 15% stiffer than stock spec. I haven't seen that anywhere. I agree that they're marginally better than stock as performance is concerned, however, I believe the construction to be superior to stock. Would you mind pointing me to the source of your specification? I really wanna take a look at that.

Comment

mndude07 got it directly from KYB, I believe.

Comment

I guess all information isn't available via the web! Sometimes ya gotta call the people who make the information, and spend the money on R&D. Cool.

Comment

if i get the TAS Auto upper control arms, do i need to buy the lower control arms too? im getting a different set of coilovers, front and rear.

Comment

No, the lower control arms have nothing to do with adjusting camber. The uppers are all you need to replace.

What do you mean you're getting different coilovers front and rear?

Comment

i mean i am not getting the neuspeeds, but a set off of H22wagon93. ok, thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

suspension goes both of these ways lol: don't cheap out, and don't half ass. i'm really not trying to sound like a dick but actually just sharing personal experiencelol...many times. pretty stubbornly used to run junk ebay sleeves with stock struts and either none or just ebay front camber kits. dangerous!

in the end you just end up realizing it woulda been good to use quality parts. i have my little nephew in the car frequently and so for that reason since i'm broke the car hasn't been dropped. TAS sells decent parts and so you've definitely made a great choice.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                        X