Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Camber kit intallation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber kit intallation...

do the front camber kit have any setup?

few day ago i buy my camber kit from ebay.... now yesterday i install the camber kits but i dont see much diference i will say it looks like dont have any

do maybe i do something wrong?? do u guys have a diagram or forum with pics something like that??

thank for your time and help...

GOD BLESS....
    "Números para las cuentas,palabras para las damas,la mano para los amigos y las balas para los enemigos"

"Numbers for the accounts, words for the ladies, hand for friends and bullets for the enemies!

which kit did you buy? the ball joint kit or the inner upper control arm kit

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
      which kit did you buy? the ball joint kit or the inner upper control arm kit
      this one right here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...ht_5853wt_1016
      "Números para las cuentas,palabras para las damas,la mano para los amigos y las balas para los enemigos"

"Numbers for the accounts, words for the ladies, hand for friends and bullets for the enemies!

Comment

ok did you install them already? and did you do it correctly?

Comment

ok did you install them already? and did you do it correctly?
          yes sir

Comment

hmm cuz up to 3 degree's you should see an imporvment. did you look at the tire surface on the ground, see if its even all the way across. mine was -2.5 and -2.6 in the fronts and i wasnt even tucking tire. are they adjusted all the way out? got pics?

Comment

hmm cuz up to 3 degree's you should see an imporvment. did you look at the tire surface on the ground, see if its even all the way across. mine was -2.5 and -2.6 in the fronts and i wasnt even tucking tire. are they adjusted all the way out? got pics?
              i got them adjust all the way in i goona try to get pics tommorow is already dark outside

Comment

ok well if there adjusted all the way in, no your not seeing a differance, they need to be adjusted out towards the tire. like the control arm is being pulled away from the car.

and its dard out in florida its like5 there, dam thatsd crazy

Comment

It probably didn't do anything because you have it all the way in. You need to set it so the upper arm is pushed out farther than stock. But I wouldn't go all the way out, maybe half way. Any more than that and you will have to either grind the outer part of the control arm or hammer the inner fender well.

Also, please keep a good eye on the "new" kit. Those Ebay ones will break right where the stud comes out (the stud to bolt it on to the frame of the car). I'm saying this from experience so just wanting to give you a heads up. The Moog and Ingalls version are way more money but they will last much much longer and have yet to see one crack or break.

Comment

I wish you luck with that cheap shit ebay camber kit. The one I installed before I knew any better nearly killed me. If that fails, you crash. And it won't fail at 20mph.

Ingalls or SPC are the ONLY brands I would ever trust. Trusting your life to a $37 piece of crap is incredibly stupid.

Comment

i just installed one on my cb7
                      dont really see much improvement either
                      but the upper control arm is hitting the fender well
                      so im pretty sure its adjusted correctly but tires still have bad camber
                      i think i might just remove it cuz it just made things worse

90 accord lx
                      form > function

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Why don't u go get an alignment so they can set ur camber for u without u tryin to eyeball it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry18849 View Post
                          i just installed one on my cb7
                          dont really see much improvement either
                          but the upper control arm is hitting the fender well
                          so im pretty sure its adjusted correctly but tires still have bad camber
                          i think i might just remove it cuz it just made things worse
                          If it wasn't aligned by an educated professional with the proper tools, then it won't help. It will only make things worse. You cannot simply install a camber kit and expect it to fix things.

Also, when your car is lowered and your camber is set to 0 degrees, your upper control arm WILL hit. The only thing to do is adjust the metal of the fenderwell, or allow about 1 degree of negative camber.

Comment

ok guys thanks

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                              It probably didn't do anything because you have it all the way in. You need to set it so the upper arm is pushed out farther than stock. But I wouldn't go all the way out, maybe half way. Any more than that and you will have to either grind the outer part of the control arm or hammer the inner fender well.

Also, please keep a good eye on the "new" kit. Those Ebay ones will break right where the stud comes out (the stud to bolt it on to the frame of the car). I'm saying this from experience so just wanting to give you a heads up. The Moog and Ingalls version are way more money but they will last much much longer and have yet to see one crack or break.
                              ok so where i can get the best of the best camber kits?

Comment

Working...
                              X