Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 accord brake caliper help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord brake caliper help needed

hey i have a 90 accord and am havin alot of trouble with finding calipers for it they are nissan stamped and the vin says its a US model but every caliper that i have ordered has been wrong if someone knows what is left for me to do let me know

If you have original equipment front brakes...

USDM 90-93 coupes are Nissan

USDM 90-93 sedans are Akebono

If the above does not work, then previous owner may have done some sort of conversion. Best thing, take several angle photos of front brake setup, post and we can reply.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Questions:

1) Also, what defines the caliper being "wrong" to you? What specifically does not work about it?

2) Has this vehicle sat around in a corrosive environment for long time?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

explaination

i would put pictures up here but i cant figure out how and every caliper so far that i have tried has either to narrow inside with new pads on it and they are to tight on the rotor or they are to tall or long depending on how you would look at it but they would touch the mounting brackets before the bolt holes line up

Comment

ordered

so ive ordered calipers for the last remainin car that i can think of that might interchange with it off a 90 acura legend and ill get one tomorrow and see how that goes

Comment

if still no luck, i have BOTH front brake calipers off my girls 90 lx....

Comment

Originally posted by billjack07 View Post
              so ive ordered calipers for the last remainin car that i can think of that might interchange with it off a 90 acura legend and ill get one tomorrow and see how that goes
              those Legend calipers wont work.

242-64075 (right) and 242-64076 (left) are the NAPA numbers for the Nissin calipers.
              if those dont work then it would appear that your calipers have been swapped to something other than stock.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

hey i have a 90 accord and am havin alot of trouble with finding calipers for it they are nissan stamped and the vin says its a US model but every caliper that i have ordered has been wrong if someone knows what is left for me to do let me know
                the way to tell is by the vin number in your car, if it starts with a 1 its made in usa and if its a coupe or sedan it has akebono front calipers if the cars vin number starts with a J its made in Japan and has nissin front calipers if its a coupe.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

vin

vin is a 1 but nissan calipers were bolted to it and worked but cant figured out what they are from

Comment

vin is a 1 but nissan calipers were bolted to it and worked but cant figured out what they are from
                    possibly the spidles were replaced and they came with calipers so the calipers the spindles came with were also used.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                    4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                    yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                    1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                    1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

OP did you compress the piston back in to the caliper?

From the sounds of it you didnt.

When your pads wear down the piston comes out farther and farther. When you install new pads ( and maybe rotors ) they are thicker. You need to push the piston back in with a C clamp and a block of wood.

Comment

no need

the seals blew out on my calipers so compressing them would be out of the question i either need to find a rebuild kit that actually fit the calipers or new calipers that will mount up and work

Comment

billjack07 - i have a front set from a 90 LX auto if intrested

Comment

idk

i might do that but id rather have new ones and figure out what the hell someone did to this car its a damn bummer cause i cant drive it

Comment

i might do that but id rather have new ones and figure out what the hell someone did to this car its a damn bummer cause i cant drive it
                              you seriously need to post some pics.

are your rotors attached to your hubs or do they float?
                              this would tell you a lot about your brake setup...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                              X