Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

do cb's have a timing belt cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do cb's have a timing belt cover?

my timing belt is just set up on the right of the valve cover looking under the hood, a mechanic told me im suppose to have some kind of cover over the timing belt or it can be dangerous. im not too famaliar with accords yet. so is this just how they come or am i missing something?

it should have a cover, like it comes from the factory.

you dont NEED one. but it would be alot better if you had one.

Comment

could someone take a pic or get a pic of under their hood and show me what it looks like ive been looking for one and cant get anything on it

Comment

it is literaly a black plastic cover over your timing belt.

as you said. its on the right side of your motor.

Comment

u know where i can pick one up cheap for? also what is the proper name for them im searching 1991 accord timing belt cover and nothing has came up.

Comment

Originally posted by hdjx20 View Post
            u know where i can pick one up cheap for? also what is the proper name for them im searching 1991 accord timing belt cover and nothing has came up.
            ill be nice so evil_demon doesnt ban me

thats exactly what it looks like.
            even though its on a different motor.

you can buy a brand new one from honda for not TO much.
            or you can go to a junkyard and attempt to pull one off of a car.

Comment

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+-+TIMING+BELT
              parts 1,3, and 4

Comment

ohh i see now. thanks man! is that a cb7?

Comment

sure.
                  and thats an f23a in a civic i belive.

Comment

Working...
                  X