Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

another quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another quick question

I have a 1992 lx accord with a h22a 5 speed with a p13 ecu, (Which i found out it came out of a 4ws prelude) my question is does this ecu have different setting because my h22 redlines at 6500 instead of 7200 and it doesnt seem like its running to its full potinental...I do have two codes on,which is o2 sensor and 4ws.. Anyone have any ideas?

I would swap it for a P28 that has been chipped, much better and you'll love the performance difference.

Comment

Fix the O2 sensor code. That particular code puts the motor in limp mode. VTEC won't engage, so the motor is limiting at 6200 RPM.

The 4WS code won't throw the CEL, it will only come up when you go to check the codes.

Putting in a chipped P28 at this point will NOT fix your issue. Get the motor running right before you do any mods like that, so you know if the problem is the motor or the ECU. HDeuce2, was that a post whore move or did you think that it would really fix his problem?
      Last edited by 4GAccordH22; 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
        Fix the O2 sensor code. That particular code puts the motor in limp mode. VTEC won't engage, so the motor is limiting at 6200 RPM.

The 4WS code won't throw the CEL, it will only come up when you go to check the codes.

Putting in a chipped P28 at this point will NOT fix your issue. Get the motor running right before you do any mods like that, so you know if the problem is the motor or the ECU. HDeuce2, was that a post whore move or did you think that it would really fix his problem?
        I agree that changing the ECU will not fix the CEL! Once that is resolved, ditch that ECU for something that will work for what you actually have, cause we know you don't have 4WS. The O2 code is an easy one to fix, but once that is resolved you will get much better performance with a different ECU....i.e. P28, P72 are good choices, but if it were me, hands down on the P28. Oh and for 4GAccordH22, no I didn't think that would solve his problem with CEL, just informing him on how to get better performance from the ECU with his swap! Not a post whore as you would say!

Comment

The P13 is a perfectly good ecu for the H22. The 4WS will not affect performance and will not actually light up the CEL.

I have nothing against chipping and tuning, as I was running a P72 with a Hondata S300 tuned by Jei at Blacktrax. I just found that it required constant tuning as the weather changed and when the gas was switched from summer to winter gas (they do that here in CA). I switched to a USDM P13 and found it to run better in the long run as the ECU can learn and adjust to changing conditions better than the Hondata did. I will probably get the Hondata re-tuned for a full race ECU and swap it out when I go to the track, but for daily driving, I prefer the P13.

HDuece2, the reason I questioned your post is because it did not even attempt to answer the original question. If you had originally said what you said in your reply to MY post, I would not have. The OP is not yet at the point where he should even consider swapping ECUs. Deal with the issues at hand, then look at performance and how to improve it.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

ok an o2 sensor will not keep the vtec from activating cuz my hatch didn't have it connected u dnt need a knock sensor or 02 sensor for vtec now change ur p13 to a chipped p23 n it should b fine

Comment

^^Switching ECU's will NOT fix the issue. He should fix his current codes (O2 sensor, not the 4ws) and go from there. What makes you guys think running a cheap chip in a p28 is so great? Hondata s300 and a tune is one thing, but a chip is just half assed. I would rather run a p13 then a ebay chipped p28 anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Blamo View Post
                ^^Switching ECU's will NOT fix the issue. He should fix his current codes (O2 sensor, not the 4ws) and go from there. What makes you guys think running a cheap chip in a p28 is so great? Hondata s300 and a tune is one thing, but a chip is just half assed. I would rather run a p13 then a ebay chipped p28 anyday.
                First of all, NO ONE (or @ least not me) said anything about an EBay chip! Maybe you should try to interpret what you are reading before assuming things....Just a friendly suggestion. I agree totally about fixing the O2 problem first, but once that is resolved, a P28 or P72 would be a better ECU to run in order to get the most out of the swap.

I've had 2 H22's and 1 European H23 Vtec in my CB over the past 8 years and have done multiple test on a dyno using P13, P72 (Chipped, but NOT EBAY), and P28 (Chipped, but NOT EBAY). The result was this…The P13 chocked the motor out and the P72 & P28 were like night and day with the P28 slightly out performing the P72!

Conclusion is this.....
                -Fix the O2 problem FIRST!
                -Once that is resolved, do your research and ditch that P13 that will always hold your motor back!

Comment

Working...
                X