Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can I fit this exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I fit this exhaust?

So i was given this exauhst for my old bmw e30
    but i was wondering if there would be any way tht i can run my single piping nd get a piece that splits into a dual pipe since they cut off the end so its just two pipes at the end?
    sound confusing...it there any way possible to fit this onto my sedan??

if you have an old downpipe, just cut the merger off.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

that thing looks pritty sick!, an fat! lol good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        if you have an old downpipe, just cut the merger off.
        ima try tht sounds like it'll work

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
        that thing looks pritty sick!, an fat! lol good luck!
        thnx bro ya im hoping it sounds clean

Comment

like the merger off a a4 or a6 downpipe...

there's also aftermarket mergers on the market if the stock accord downpipe is too small. i like the size of that canister, it'll probably sound really nice.

maybe something like this will fit....
          http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=12706
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ya thts wht i was thinking of doing...idk my friend ownd a couple shops nd also does muflers ima hit him up nd see wht he can do

Comment

so does that bolt up to the down pipe...as in it's really short?

or is it a full dual pipe exhaust (where the dual pipes are side by side)...with a really cool looking muffler.

I ask cause it looks like the muffler sits halfway down the car.
              ____

Comment

this is how the bmw headers looks..they flow to single opening then the middle pipe is single then fllows to dual pipe again

Comment

Anything is possible.

The question if it looks good fitted or having enough clearances around etc is another. Check and compare the dimensions (against your old muffler) and size of the cavity under the CB.

I recommend going to an exhaust professional where they may be able to cut , bend and weld a custom pre muffler pipe or attachment (in either stainless or mild steel). They do this all the time (albeit using the universal muffler they supply) and just varying the piping and hook hard points to fit different cars.

You should save (compared to buying a universal stainless steel muffler and asking them to do the pipe and fitting) since you are providing the muffler part already.

Tip: Ask for quotes, bargain and compare options before committing your business. Once you commit to giving your business you loose all leverage (for options eg. additional exhaust hooks thrown in etc)
                  Rides:

Accord
                  92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                  95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                  91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red