Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

catback opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catback opinions

hows it going i just came across a 91 dx 88k on the dash i just bought a SRI and i also want to get a catback i dont know much about these cars is heres where the opinion comes into play i could buy a XTUNE cat back new for 122 off ebay yeah i know but a pipes a pipe no matter what but i dont want it "riced" out im looking for a deep tone i know you cant compare a diff car to another car bu i heard one from a 2g eclipse and it had a nice tone so whats your opinions and if any of you have a cat back from ebay how does it sound thanx

if your not on a major budget check out www.andysautosport.com

they have a good selection on name brand cat-backs and many other aftermarket parts for our cb's.

-Aaron

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

to tell you the truth im on a tight budget or else i wouldnt be looking on ebay for something cheap but ill still check that site out but im kinda looking for opinions on this ebay cat back deal u know for a 122 shiped idk

Comment

I figured it up last night Products + Shipping, for the cheapest headers/cat-back on ebay it was around $188 shipped. not too bad for stainless header+cat-back.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
        White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

yeah it not bad im more consernd with the sound more then anything you knowi dont want it to sound like a fart can i want a nice deep tone but isnt all of them stainless?

Comment

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
            i dont want it to sound like a fart can
            Then don't buy a $120 exhaust on eBay.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
              Then don't buy a $120 exhaust on eBay.
              yeah but u never know how they would sound like i said i heard one on a 2g eclipse but thats a way different engine with a different sound

Comment

if its stainless, buy the cheap catback, and if you don't like it, save another $60, go to advance autoparts, and buy a flowmaster, thrush super turbo, or dynomax oval can muffler with the same size pipig as the ricey exhaust, then have a muffler shop cut off the cannon and weld the new muffler up for you. Then sell the fart cannon on craigslist.

Dynomax mufflers sound awesome on accords.

Comment

Originally posted by Phate View Post
                  if its stainless, buy the cheap catback, and if you don't like it, save another $60, go to advance autoparts, and buy a flowmaster, thrush super turbo, or dynomax oval can muffler with the same size pipig as the ricey exhaust, then have a muffler shop cut off the cannon and weld the new muffler up for you. Then sell the fart cannon on craigslist.

Dynomax mufflers sound awesome on accords.
                  thanks thats the most useful info so far thats what i was tryna get at cuz in the end pipes a pipe nd the muffler but how louds the dynomax

Comment

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
                    thanks thats the most useful info so far thats what i was tryna get at cuz in the end pipes a pipe nd the muffler but how louds the dynomax
                    depends which one you get. Its pretty quiet, not raspy or annoying, just a mellow tone. You can still hear it, its just not obnoxious. The super turbo is actually the dynomax apparently, although I think the thrush mufflers are made by dynomax also. Go on youtube and look for vids of dynomax mufflers. I like them, and will probably go with on on my accord.

Comment

okay so i just bought a catback from ebay for 155 i got the g-force one so if anyones intereasted ill let you all know how it goes

Comment

If you ever find yourself wanting a more "refined" exhaust system, the Apexi WS2 cat-back is excellent. Very quiet, and has the added bonus of looking *almost* like a stock muffler.

Of course, those typically go for ~$450 for the full system.
                        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                        ┴─┴
                        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                          if your not on a major budget check out www.andysautosport.com

they have a good selection on name brand cat-backs and many other aftermarket parts for our cb's.

-Aaron
                          That's a really good suggestion andysautosport has an endless array of things we can get... I bought a act clutch for my 93 civic for less than 200

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
                            If you ever find yourself wanting a more "refined" exhaust system, the Apexi WS2 cat-back is excellent. Very quiet, and has the added bonus of looking *almost* like a stock muffler.

Of course, those typically go for ~$450 for the full system.
                            if i just buy the muffler would it be the same cuz theres no way i could spend that hence the reason i got a catback for 115

Comment

I'm sure you could buy just the muffler, but honestly I don't know how much it would be. Do a search on google or something.
                              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                              ┴─┴
                              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                              X