Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord radius rod issues....need some help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord radius rod issues....need some help please....

Hope you guys can help me on this issue, I'm working on the front suspension bushings on my 91 accord ex sedan, installing the energy suspension bushings, but I'm stuck on the radius rods right now, for some odd reason 1 of the bolts lines up with the LCA, but the second won't...any ideas on why this is going on? Everything else lines up with the exception of the radius rods...any help would be appreciated....

Originally posted by Pacific_CB7 View Post
    Hope you guys can help me on this issue, I'm working on the front suspension bushings on my 91 accord ex sedan, installing the energy suspension bushings, but I'm stuck on the radius rods right now, for some odd reason 1 of the bolts lines up with the LCA, but the second won't...any ideas on why this is going on? Everything else lines up with the exception of the radius rods...any help would be appreciated....
    they line up.
    it just doenst seem like it until you get the proper geometery going on.
    always had trouble with that on my buddies CRX.

toss a jack under the LCA and lift until they align.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22Artman View Post
      they line up.
      it just doenst seem like it until you get the proper geometery going on.
      always had trouble with that on my buddies CRX.

toss a jack under the LCA and lift until they align.
      Good tip thanks! I'm working on mine this weekend too.

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated...gonna work on that this evening after work...yeah I was starting to think it couldn't be done...I will post if it worked...thanks again...

Comment

Radius rods still an issue....

Just tried working on the radius rods today since I had it free, but picked up the LCA to try and align the second bolt hole and still having issues with the rods...they are the same ones off the accord but with ES bushings...could it have something to do that since the engine is out I removed the front cross-member to clean it off, would have thrown off the spacing of the rods? Appreciate the help....

Comment

Just tried working on the radius rods today since I had it free, but picked up the LCA to try and align the second bolt hole and still having issues with the rods...they are the same ones off the accord but with ES bushings...could it have something to do that since the engine is out I removed the front cross-member to clean it off, would have thrown off the spacing of the rods? Appreciate the help....
            I took the front suspension off my 90dx a couple times with the engine in and out, and i can tell u its a pain to align the radius rod with the l.c.a, when I did my bushings I bolted the radius arm to the l.c.a before I secured the l.c.a to the cross member
            Last edited by 904drACCORDMANG; 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
            sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
            bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

How did you manage to align it? Cause boy this is starting to become a pain, but guess you learn as you go....

Comment

i remember spending 2 hours trying to figure out why they dont align and i did what the other person said and bolted it on the LCA first then tried my darndest to bolt it into the CM.

Comment

Yeah I know it's gonna be tough now, hehe....what if I bolted up the LCA's, bolted the radius rod to the LCA's , and removed the front crossmember and aligned the the rods with the crossmember off and bolted up the the crossmember with them in? Would that be something that would work? Cause the frame is straight just when I unbolted everything one bolt won't line up of the 2 bolts that go into the LCA's....

Comment

Yeah I know it's gonna be tough now, hehe....what if I bolted up the LCA's, bolted the radius rod to the LCA's , and removed the front crossmember and aligned the the rods with the crossmember off and bolted up the the crossmember with them in? Would that be something that would work? Cause the frame is straight just when I unbolted everything one bolt won't line up of the 2 bolts that go into the LCA's....
                    I have done it like this and it DOES work but then you have to align the cross member to the chasis which is hard to do with the radius rod hooked up.Make sure you use a Jack to push the cross member flush with the chasis then try and tighten the cross member bolts

Comment

ended up finding there was some damage to the driver side portion of the front crossmember, i have a parts car so gonna take the cross member off that one and replace it when i pull the F22B1 out of that one...now gotta get some rear disc brakes for sure...i will keep you guys posted on the progress...thanks a lot again...

Comment

ended up finding there was some damage to the driver side portion of the front crossmember, i have a parts car so gonna take the cross member off that one and replace it when i pull the F22B1 out of that one...now gotta get some rear disc brakes for sure...i will keep you guys posted on the progress...thanks a lot again...
                        might as well get a 92-93ex rear cm and sway bar if your gettin rear disc

Comment

Working...
                        X