Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to check if my ecu is fried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to check if my ecu is fried?

how can i check/test it out?

Originally posted by 809king View Post
    A quick and dirty way to tell is to sniff around the connectors for the scent of burning electronic components.

The best way to tell is to remove it, unscrew the casing and check for burnt out capacitors and resistors.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Can I ask the reason you're wondering if the ecu is burnt out? I mean is the car not starting or running properly?

And I agree with Joshy, pulling it out and cracking it open is probably the best method.
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
        Can I ask the reason you're wondering if the ecu is burnt out? I mean is the car not starting or running properly?

And I agree with Joshy, pulling it out and cracking it open is probably the best method.
        Doesnt want to start up at all

Comment

As they said just pop it out by removing the kick panel from the passenger side, and unplug the ECU. check your wires too, also another reason why it might not start could be the main relay. Hope this helps

Comment

If you think it's ECU related and you haven't checked already, look at the ECU fuse before pulling the kickpanel apart.

What else is going on? It's summertime, so you might want to check the main relay.
            My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

More information man! Does the car crank but not turn over? Do you hear nothing but clicking sounds and have verified that your battery cables are snug? Feed us more info and we can better help you.
              Fix your Computer!

D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

i checked the main relay, i have sparks, gas. turns over but doesnt start i checked the ecu fuses and there fine, i opened the ecu and it doesnt smell burnt.. getting real tired of it, about to just get another one

Comment

take your distributor cap off and have someone try and start the car. this will tell you if the timing belt has snapped or if the cam has broken. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    take your distributor cap off and have someone try and start the car. this will tell you if the timing belt has snapped or if the cam has broken. later.
                    timing belt is good so is the cam i triple checked

i have no idea why it doesn't want to turn on.. i had it running then turned it off to connect the alternator, power steering and air compressor, then i tried to start it again and nothing. next day i took the alternator, power steering and air compressor off and it still doesn't want to start
                    Last edited by 809king; 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

timing belt is good so is the cam i triple checked

i have no idea why it doesn't want to turn on.. i had it running then turned it off to connect the alternator, power steering and air compressor, then i tried to start it again and nothing. next day i took the alternator, power steering and air compressor off and it still doesn't want to start
                      Wait, you have an air compressor?

Slowly walk though electrical parts you've disconected and recheck them.
                      Last edited by Masamune; 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM.
                      Fix your Computer!

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

could be the ignitor. remove it and have it tested.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
                          Wait, you have an air compressor?

Slowly walk though electrical parts you've disconected and recheck them.
                          a/c***** compressor

Comment

howd you check fuel? did you open the pressure line, crank and measure the distance that gas shot out?

an engine wont start on 25 psi.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

did you check for compression/leak down test? if thats fine then it has to be something in the fuel or ignition system somewhere. check all your filters?

Comment

Working...
                              X