Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AC recharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC recharge

How hard is it to recharge the AC in a CB7?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

its not hard at all you just need to get the right refrigerant depending on if you have the retrofit or not

Originally posted by deevergote
    He's disappointed in my bulge... it doesn't even come close to being as impressive as his.
    1990 Accord EX
    1996 Civic hatch *gone*
    1994 Integra

Comment

If your system is completely empty, I believe I read that our systems hold 2 pounds of refrigerant. As stated above, if you don't have the retrofit, you'll need to get one. It's just a little cap that screws onto the r12 adapter to convert the plug to accept r134. And the plug you want is the one next to the battery, on the high pressure a/c line.

Just hook the nozzle to the new retrofit plug, start the car, turn the a/c on high and just squeeze the trigger. You may have to shake the can, I think some of them you have to.

Comment

Um, the kits I saw only use the low-pressure port.

Since this question has been asked a few times already this week, search and read those threads.

Comment

I got my kit from Schuck's. I've seen them at Wal Mart as well. I think my kit was around 12 dollars, but had a bunch of other adapters for other vehicles

Comment

yea walmart has them for like 20 dollars but the walmart by my house makes u buy the adapter separate

Comment

Doesn't seem too bad. I'll have to dig deeper. I don't normally use the AC so... maybe I can get away without it. Then again, $20 isn't that bad.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

See my other posts… trying to go cheaper will only cost you more in the long run. $20 won't cover the cost of hoses, recharge, and retrofit, period. That sounds like the cost a plain (and very cheap) R134a recharge kit, which will kill your system if it works at all.

Take it to a shop with proper equipment, drop $60, they might even detect a leak before refilling it.

Comment

Is it R12? Thought all cars prior to 94/95 had R12? To do it properly, you'll need a AC manifold gauge kit, with properly sealing fittings. Most of today's gauges use the R134 fittings. Which is fine for the low-side port as it's the same size (at least it was on my 91 EX) but you'll need to find an R12 adapter to make the high-side gauge fittings fit and seal. A recharge in a nut shell is to monitor the high side pressure while adding refrigerant to the low side. You'll need charts and specifications on the refrigerant you can only get from a Mitchell's AC repair book for our year accords. If you get all the accessories, hit me up PM and i'll email you the copies of the specs as I have copies of that and the procedure. Hardest thing to find is that high-side adapter. If it's R134 COMPLETE retrofit (as in refrigerant completely exhausted using a vacuum pump, re-oiled and THEN R134 put in, the wal-mart kits are all you need. Our cars do, in fact hold 2 lbs (32-34oz) of refrigerant. Anyways, hit me up if you need some help, I'll try my best! We JUST did this to my car, so that's why it's fresh in my head

Please learn to type!!
                  CHECK IT! My ride thread...
                  http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
                  You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                    If your system is completely empty, I believe I read that our systems hold 2 pounds of refrigerant. As stated above, if you don't have the retrofit, you'll need to get one. It's just a little cap that screws onto the r12 adapter to convert the plug to accept r134. And the plug you want is the one next to the battery, on the high pressure a/c line.

Just hook the nozzle to the new retrofit plug, start the car, turn the a/c on high and just squeeze the trigger. You may have to shake the can, I think some of them you have to.
                    This IS the fitting you will need the high side (needed for monitoring pressure) is down below to the left of the intake, coming out of the fire wall. Do NOT add refrigerant to the High Side!! You add it to the LOW side. It is the fitting in front of the car between the radiator and the exhaust. If you're not sure, take some pressure readings and the high side should be about 200-250 psi depending on the outside (ambient) temp and the low side should be about 25-35 psi depending on the evaporator temp (temp out of your vents).
                    Last edited by kellogg_racing_; 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM.

Please learn to type!!
                    CHECK IT! My ride thread...
                    http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
                    You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

Working...
                    X