Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

camshaft upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camshaft upgrades

so i did some research on cams but im still a little confused on how to upgrade. i plan on going bisi. so i have to remove my camshaft (or get another camshaft) and send it to bisimoto so they can work on it? also i have to upgrade the springs depending on which upgrade rite? correct me if im wrong, this is just what i learned doing some quick research

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
    so i did some research on cams but im still a little confused on how to upgrade. i plan on going bisi. so i have to remove my camshaft (or get another camshaft) and send it to bisimoto so they can work on it? also i have to upgrade the springs depending on which upgrade rite? correct me if im wrong, this is just what i learned doing some quick research
    yup..Bisi asks for you camshaft as an exchange or regrind by giving them your specs...Bisi is the number 1 recommended around herei'myet to find some punk say otherwise Bisimoto hasn't messed up in simple shit so when you buy parts from them expect quality work...

yeah the springs is a must even when you have the A1 cam and wanna swap to the more aggressive A6 camshaft your going to need the springs as well... imagine springs being run in your F22a1 for about 18 yrs the putting a bigger camshaft for performance those springs are going to take a beating being compressed alot....bisi has some springs too....oh and if you can send them your camshafti believe you can buy a core off them for about 100 bucks....seems fair to me!

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

if you get the stage 1, i've heard you can get by with your other stock internals, and also be able to run with the stock tune. if you go with stage 2 or higher, you need to upgrade your springs and get tuned.
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Its best to upgrade the springs, its not a must for stage one. but if your going to change the cams just redo the head port and polish, springs and get a stage 2 or 3 cam. do it once do it right. nothing worst than have to buy cams 2 different time for the same car.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
          yup..Bisi asks for you camshaft as an exchange or regrind by giving them your specs...Bisi is the number 1 recommended around herei'myet to find some punk say otherwise Bisimoto hasn't messed up in simple shit so when you buy parts from them expect quality work...

yeah the springs is a must even when you have the A1 cam and wanna swap to the more aggressive A6 camshaft your going to need the springs as well... imagine springs being run in your F22a1 for about 18 yrs the putting a bigger camshaft for performance those springs are going to take a beating being compressed alot....bisi has some springs too....oh and if you can send them your camshafti believe you can buy a core off them for about 100 bucks....seems fair to me!
          Thank you for the kind words! You are correct, here at Bisimoto Engineering we have cores for the non-vtecs for $100 and for vtec models $150

We also do have spring and retainer kits for both the Vtec and non Vtec models.

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
          if you get the stage 1, i've heard you can get by with your other stock internals, and also be able to run with the stock tune. if you go with stage 2 or higher, you need to upgrade your springs and get tuned.
          Again, correct!

The Bisimoto Stage 1 is literally a drop in and run camshaft. There is no need to upgrade anything else! The level 1 generally will give you 10% performance increase over factory! Bear in mind that if you tune with this cam your gains can be more.

The Bisimoto Stage 2 is a bit more of an aggressive setup. With this cam we suggest and recommend our Pro Spring & TI Retainer kit! Bearing this in mind a tune isn't completely necessary but again to take advantage of the performance abilities and potential of this camshaft a tune will help out to really extract every last bit out of it!

Originally posted by winston101 View Post
          Its best to upgrade the springs, its not a must for stage one. but if your going to change the cams just redo the head port and polish, springs and get a stage 2 or 3 cam. do it once do it right. nothing worst than have to buy cams 2 different time for the same car.
          Exactly! Mind you though our Bisimoto Level 2 and 3 are drastically different! The level 2 is reprofiled as an aggressive street cam where as the level 3 is practically a full race cam. Generally the level 2 is a good starting base for people before they get more aggressive. Also bear in mind that the level 3 also gets more aggressive with its requirements as it is reprofiled to be closer to a race cam.

In either event my suggestion is to get springs and retainers at the time of your cam purchase. Even if you stick with a level 1 it is nice to know that you have the security of 14000rpm before you can start to worry!

Shoot me an email if you need anything or if there is anything else I may assist with!
          Randy@Bisimoto.com
          Bisimoto Engineering
          Randy@Bisimoto.com
          (888)-922-6686

Comment

do not forget the teflon spacers...though I can not find them on the site
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              do not forget the teflon spacers...though I can not find them on the site
              found them
              http://www.bisimoto.com/sport-compac...-extended-pads

for level 3+
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

shnikies, I doubt I will ever need 'em.

I think they are recommended for those who rev up to or over 7k on a regular basis...and required if you rev to or over 8k
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                  Yup! For level 2 you only need the valvetrain, let me know if you need anything or if there is anything I can assist with!

Cheers
                  -randy
                  Bisimoto Engineering
                  Randy@Bisimoto.com
                  (888)-922-6686

Comment

Will the spacers even help in any way unless you're going with level 3 or X?

Comment

Its debatable, to be honest in my opinion our Bisimoto Level 2 isnt aggressive enough to require it. Our Bisimoto Level 3 and X cams are race cams so with that in mind those would need the spacers due to the aggressive nature of the cams.

Weekend warrior setups generally are fine but anything that will constantly and repetitively see track time will need the spacers as well as extended rockers! Bearing this in mind, we recommend our valve train in both situations due to our assurance and testing. Our springs and retainers are spun test to 14,000 rpm to ensure that they will not fail on you our client!

Should you guys have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to shoot me an email!
                      Randy@Bisimoto.com
                      Bisimoto Engineering
                      Randy@Bisimoto.com
                      (888)-922-6686

Comment

So the spacers are just more durable and don't actually provide any power upgrade, I would assume.

What is the difference between the stock rockers and the extended rockers? I know the race rockers are lighter, I'm assuming extended has a better rocker ratio? They must be somehow stronger too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                          So the spacers are just more durable and don't actually provide any power upgrade, I would assume.

What is the difference between the stock rockers and the extended rockers? I know the race rockers are lighter, I'm assuming extended has a better rocker ratio? They must be somehow stronger too?
                          Bingo, dead on the money my friend!
                          Bisimoto Engineering
                          Randy@Bisimoto.com
                          (888)-922-6686

Comment

Awesome. Too bad I don't have a spare 1600 bucks for the extended rockers. It's almost like a knife-edging and polishing process on the rockers for the shaved weight and then adding material to extend them, and I suppose coating for the strength?

Comment

Good information here! Makes me feel more comfortable thinking about doing a future Cam upgrade! =)

Comment

Working...
                              X