Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Preformance chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preformance chips

Hey I was just wondering if any one had purchased any preformance chips, and if so what results (if any) did you have? I found one that said it gave gains up to 50hp and am a little cautious of that....thanks to any info.

Don't waste your money, all they do is make your car dump more fuel causing it to run rich.

If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck for HP increase, nitrous is what you want to look at but i don't recommend it. Do your basic tune up and then shed weight, that means you too. Depending on your model, these cars could range between 2500lbs and up, plus it has to haul you around.

I'm not sure of your mechanical skills but just your basic bolt ons plus a really good flowing exhaust will make your butt dyno feel like you're going faster than before.

If you truly want to mess with the ECU, then get yourself a P12 if you're running an DX or LX. The P12 ecu comes from an F22A1 equipped Prelude which is the same engine as the one in the DX and LX BUT it came with 10 extra horse power instead. It all plug and play. They should be fairly easy to find.

Comment

not that i have one...but 'chips' are destined for cars with a certain setup in mind...thats how they are designed. say there's a chip for a stock cb7. worth 50hp, lol. now the F22A1/A4/A6 may all perform differently with this 'chip' as there is some variation between these motors. Even tho theyre all F22s. Plus you take into consideration the age of accord in general, miles on the motor in question, and is it running at 100%? Theoretically 'chips' have modified fueling or timing values to make more power, but again any difference in setup between the 'test' vehicle and you car is a potential for power lost.

Comment

Ok well it is a 92 lx and the motor has about 81k on it. I have done all of the bolt ons except for a cat back exhaust...which I am hoping to do soon. I was thinking or turboing on down the road. I just came across these chips and didn't know if they were any good.

Comment

a stage 1 bisi camshaft will probably give you the kick your looking for without REQUIRING MANDATORY tuning, or valvetrain upgrades...and once you tune it, plus your bolt-ons, you should get way more potential power. if you must have something involving a 'chip' how about a programmable ECU like the P06 or P72 and get it Hondata'd...or CROME or some kind of proper aftermarket setup. of course it wont do you MUCH good until you really drop some dough on performance, such as turboing it down the road as you said..

Comment

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
            Hey I was just wondering if any one had purchased any preformance chips, and if so what results (if any) did you have? I found one that said it gave gains up to 50hp and am a little cautious of that....thanks to any info.
            I would be veryyyyyyyy wary of this, with a high quality engine management system you will gain horsepower, for example our very own web designer here at Bisimoto brought us his S2000 and we installed an AEM EMS, stock vehicle, his 2 hour tune gained him 14 hp.

For a simple chip to claim 50hp seems highly irrational to me. From my experience, chips tend to clone powerful setups but tone down the setup. So you theoretically have a high power tune on a potentially stock setup.

Originally posted by trouty View Post
            not that i have one...but 'chips' are destined for cars with a certain setup in mind...thats how they are designed. say there's a chip for a stock cb7. worth 50hp, lol. now the F22A1/A4/A6 may all perform differently with this 'chip' as there is some variation between these motors. Even tho theyre all F22s. Plus you take into consideration the age of accord in general, miles on the motor in question, and is it running at 100%? Theoretically 'chips' have modified fueling or timing values to make more power, but again any difference in setup between the 'test' vehicle and you car is a potential for power lost.
            This is another good point, there setup compared to your setup may be DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT. Meaning potential losses again. Plus, one thing I have come to learn is just because it is a chip does not mean it contains worthwhile contents!

Its like getting a jelly filled donut, your excited and stoked and then you bite in and its something weird like lemon jelly or coconut jam! Its not what you want and dam well not what you expect, in fact you were probably expecting something like blueberry or cherry!

Originally posted by trouty View Post
            a stage 1 bisi camshaft will probably give you the kick your looking for without REQUIRING MANDATORY tuning, or valvetrain upgrades...and once you tune it, plus your bolt-ons, you should get way more potential power. if you must have something involving a 'chip' how about a programmable ECU like the P06 or P72 and get it Hondata'd...or CROME or some kind of proper aftermarket setup. of course it wont do you MUCH good until you really drop some dough on performance, such as turboing it down the road as you said..
            Our Bisimoto Stage 1 is a very easy way to get a good bump in power. Generally you are looking at a power gain of 10% from factory. The beauty of the level 1 is that it does not require tuning much like trouty said. Considering you go with our level 1 cam, then i/h/e you can probably gain more power then you did with a chip!

One thing I want to point out though is that as popular as chipping ECU's are, the Hondata S100 system is fairly inexpensive and gives you actual ability to tune! With this in mind we sell quite a few S100 systems here at Bisimoto and are able to get them readily and easily!

Just my thought, let me know if you guys have any questions comments or concerns
            Randy@Bisimoto.com
            Bisimoto Engineering
            Randy@Bisimoto.com
            (888)-922-6686

Comment

Those chips have a little trick. They say they'll add up to horsepower. That means 50 HP is greater than or equal to the amount of horsepower you'll gain. By forcing you to run too rich, foul your plugs, and burn colder you'll lose 10 horsepower. 50 Horsepower is greater than negative 10 horsepower, so they're not lying!

Comment

Also those "chips" are NOT microproccesors of any kind and do not contain any kind of tune what-so-ever. They are nothing more than a resistor in a fancy colorful box, that interrups the signal from the IAT going to the ECU. They are a complete waste of money.
                Last edited by ON_N20; 09-29-2010, 05:09 PM.
                ON_N20
                Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I was initially wary of this anyhow. You all made good valid points and I appreciate it. I will look into the Bisimito Stage 1 thanks.

Comment

You'll need to spend real money on parts wih real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

i put one in my car and my car a little faster but whats the down side about it ?

Comment

It corrupts the readings sent to the ECU. Basically, it makes your car run either too rich (which will result in serious carbon deposits, fouled sensors, a clogged cat, and possible head damage in time...) or too lean (which increases the chances of detonation, which will destroy your engine.)

These chips do not add power, or make your car any faster. You'll see more of a gain in performance by removing your entire air conditioning system.

Comment

Originally posted by danbpt View Post
                          i put one in my car and my car a little faster but whats the down side about it ?
                          Get rid of it. You might as well consider your car screwed.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            You'll see more of a gain in performance by removing your entire air conditioning system.
                            You might get really hot in the summer, but this is true. Forget the chip, draw out a plan of what you want to do to your car and then go from there. I'm just speaking from experience and perhaps save you some $$ before you go out and buy a bunch of parts. Do look into Bisi's products, but look into WHY you want that, where will you go from there and what do you want in the future.

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i have a CB7 with F20A,, which ECU shud i put in for optimal performance please?

Comment

Working...
                              X