Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM H23a NON-Vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H23a NON-Vtec?

well, im about to buy a motor off some guy that claims he has a Non vtec H23a.
    apparently he called honda japan and what not and it is supposed to be a motor out of an imported prelude.
    the block is stamped h23a.
    anyone hear about this?

The only H23A that was available in Japan was VTEC. It was stamped H23A, with no number after it.

The only other H23A is the USDM H23A1. That is non-VTEC. It was never availible in Japan.

Either this guy is blowing smoke up your ass, or he's an idiot. If I were you, I'd find another motor to buy.

Comment

well, im getting a good deal on the motor, so even if it is a h23a1 then im alright with it, but he said the block is stamped h23a. not A1.
      this guy said that "called the motor vehicle and Honda Japan verifying the VIN#" and he claims that he has one of the few preludes in canada imported from japan.
      is there any way someone could of put a H23A1 head on the H23A block?

Comment

Yeah, it's entirely possible that it could be an H23A1 head on the H23A block, or even an F22B DOHC head.

Again, that would make me nervous as well. If you plan on relying on this car as your only form of transportation, be VERY careful.

It's possible that there's something I don't know... but I've never heard of any non-VTEC H23A coming from Japan.

Comment

alright cool, thanks for the help.
          is there anyway i could identify the head? is there a stamp or anything on it?
          i plan on taking the head off, because this guy claims that he just rebuilt it, so i want to check it out before i put it in the car.

Comment

just look for the vtec solenoid. not every vtec engine needs to have a vtec valve cover.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X