Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is the thermostat causing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the thermostat causing this?

1991 Accord LX... Takes a while for the engine to warm up, and not until the engine warms up, does the heat inside the car start to work...

I'm thinking its the thermostat... Anybody else think something different?

Is something like this a problem for CB7s? Or is it common?

Thanks

same question

hey i have the same problem in my car i would like the same answer that would be great i have a CB also

Comment

Definitely sounds like the thermostat. It's either stuck open, or not there at all.

Do yourself a favor if you replace it; buy Genuine Honda. The aftermarket thermostats are crap.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Definitely sounds like the thermostat. It's either stuck open, or not there at all.

Do yourself a favor if you replace it; buy Genuine Honda. The aftermarket thermostats are crap.
        Way ahead of ya there... Only going OEM with the thermostat... Thanks for the advice...

Quick question... I don't have the car yet. Hopefully if all goes well, I'll be buying it in a couple days... Are there any DIY's or diagrams I can look at that shows me the removal/replacement of the thermostat, or at least its location?

Thanks

Comment

Buy a Haynes manual. It'll be probably second best investment if you are really buying this Accord. It'll show you how to do a lot of things with diagrams and pics but be explained in a simple way that any joe can understand.

There was a website that someone had uploaded the whole manual in PDF but i can't find it anymore.

Replacing the tstat is really simple. Just follow the upper radiator hose back to the head of the car where you see an electrical wire coming out of it. That is the tstat housing and the temp sensor. As you know when you undo those two bolts, anti freeze will spill out so that will also mean you will need to top off your coolant and then bleed the system of air otherwise it'll cause a revving problem in the engine.

Now is your chance to replace the hoses too if they look old and bloated because you don't want to have to rebleed the system another time because a line blew down the line.
          Last edited by Leung; 11-23-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X