Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car hesitating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car hesitating

my car likes to randomly hesitate while taking off from a traffic light.also, ill be going about 30mph then push on the gas it will a couple of seconds then it goes.i have already rebuilt the transmission so i know its not that.any ideasthanks

probably the timing is off...
    do you have a CEL?

Comment

no, the CEL hasnt came on

Comment

whens the last time you did a tune up?

Comment

i havnt done a real tune up on it since ive had it i dont think.wat do i need for a full tune up
          Last edited by xyzse; 12-27-2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xyzse View Post
            i havnt done a real tune up on it since ive had it i dont think.wat do i need for a full tune up
            Plugs, plug wires, and I pull off the valve cover and adjust your valves. Just use a filler gauge to check them. I'm pretty sure it's a 10/1000" for the exhaust side valves, and a 12/1000" for the intake. Remember, you don't want to be able to just slide the filler gauge through there with not problem, if you have to tug a tiny bit, your pretty much dead on. Hope this helps man!

Ninja Edit: Make sure to check your repair manual as far as the measurements go, b/c my memory isn't the best. I know my repair manual says those two specific thicknesses but I might of had them backwards.
            Last edited by 91_CB7_Sedan; 12-27-2010, 04:26 AM.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
            White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

check the o2, fuel filter, possibly a clogged exhaust system.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The o2 sensor would be my first guess based on the very limited information provided. If you take a few minutes to look through this section, you'll see about 5 other threads talking about the exact same problem.

Comment

yeah man i would replace the cheapest stuff first since you say you havent done a tune up...Plugs, Wires, Distributor rotor and cap.. then work from there. by changing that stuff at least you know those are good, and takes out variables. there alot of things that can cause hesitation...this will help you narrow down cause. hope this helps...

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Your car is hesitating due to a failure for air/fuel/spark to come together in the right way. Since you have no check engine light, this is a failure of some of your most basic systems.

As has been suggested, start with the replacing your spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor and rotor. You sound like you're overdue anyways.

While you have the cap off, check the ignition coil for proper resistance.

Read your plugs.

Then move on from here.
                    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
                    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
                    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
                    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
                    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Working...
                    X