Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

General Tune-Up Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Tune-Up Info

Trying to figure out the right oil, sparkplugs and filters for my f22. K&N air filter is 50$ is it really that much more better than sTp or FRAM? Cause there about 13$ as far as spark plugs, the guy at autozone said I should use copper cause that's what the motor calls for, and that the other 7$ ones ( I think he said platinum ) will run my motor too hot. The guy at pepboys told me I should run those special 7$ plugs for more/smoother power delivery. And last, what type of oil and oil filter would you guys recommend?

Also, I've read a few things about seafoam injector cleaner.. anyone know about the seafoam? Good bad?

Comment

The K&N is reusable (you can clean it and re-oil it. I don't know about the STP or fram ones...

I don't know anything about those spark plugs.. sorry.

As for oil and filter: I use Castrol GTX 5W-30 and honda OEM filters.

and for fuel injector cleaner I use Lucus Oil injector cleaner.

Hope that helps
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

it depends on how much you want to spent bro, if you really want quality stuff go with k&n if your in a low budget get the cheapest one, as for spark plugs go with NGK vpower.
        AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
        JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

lucas gas treatment is very good, i use it in both of my cars. seafoam is good for cleaning out the intake and injectors as well. it's your choice in the end

Comment

Thanx for the info. I am on somewhat of a budget, but the cb7 is nuber one priority. Ide rather get quality, not cheap stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by blackgoose View Post
              Thanx for the info. I am on somewhat of a budget, but the cb7 is nuber one priority. Ide rather get quality, not cheap stuff.
              and then you should go with k&n, or why dont you get yourself an ebay short ram intake with that money? i know its not CARB but better than stock. and remember NGK are best for hondas.
              AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

The the motor really breath any better with a short ram?

Comment

better than stock bro.
                  AT WEST COAST MEET

Comment

So what's the difference between the cheap ebay short ram, and the AEM short rams? They look pretty much the same, only the AEM is 130$ more. Is it cause its polished?

Comment

The AEM ones are "C.A.R.B." legal and have a good air filter on them. The cheapie ones are not carb legal and have a crappy air filter.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Thanx! Looks like ill be going with AEM.

Comment

Here is my 2 cents
                          get a cheap short ram and install an AEM filter (alot better than K&N)
                          spark plugs (NGK)
                          spark plug wires (decent quality)
                          distributer rotor
                          distributor cap
                          change engine oil
                          replace oil filter with a cloth type filter (one thats more than $5)
                          change tranny fluid (if AT also replace filter)
                          flush coolant
                          top off brake fluid
                          top off clutch fluid if you have MT
                          seafoam/or run injector cleaner
                          I do this every year to keep my CB7 running strong
                          Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
                          Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

I've been researching the seafoam, and I've realized you can use it as a fuel additive, or pour it right in the intake?? I've seen the procedure done on a garb but not fuel injection. Could you describe the seafoam process on an f22? And when you say cloth oil filter, what's a good brand? Im in the dark on oil filters... well on a lot of things actually! Thanx.

Comment

Sure, seafoam is most effective when used directly in your intake.

> Unplug the brake booster vacuum line this is the one all the way behind your plenum that runs to the black cylinder behind your brake master cylinder (unplug in the middle of it)
                              > Start your car
                              > Gently pour a 1/3 of the bottle in the vacuum leading to your engine (if you hear the engine bogging stop pouring for a second)
                              > Stop the engine let it sit for 10 min
                              > Start the engine and let all of the smoke out

Now oil filters come in different qualities.
                              You have cheap paper element filters kind of like your air filter, and than you have nicer filters like K&N (yes they also make oil filters), Mobil 1, and nicer purilators. $7-$15 for a nice one

So imagine this, Try picking up spilled oil with a brown paper bag, than try to pick up that oil with a bounty paper towel, and last try to pick up the oil with a cotton pad (soft fluffy cotton) What do you notice?

> The paper bag takes a while to absorb and just rubs the oil around the surface
                              > The bounty picks the oil up and leaves little behind
                              > The cotton also picks up the majority of the oil and leaves little behind

When oil goes through your filter it needs to be filtered and also keep a good flow. This happens from the material used inside of the filter. If the filter uses that brown paper bag it would absorb little contaminant. The paper towel would filter great but would reduce the oil flow. The cotton would absorb the oil to filter it and due to the fact that it is porous, it will allow the oil to pass through easily, thus resulting in an efficient filtering process.
                              I hope this helps.
                              Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
                              Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X