Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo on a stock f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo on a stock f22a1

im wonderin wat kinda turbo can i put on my car and how many lbs can i run and be safe and also wat size injectors am i gonna need and wat chipped ecu is best for a turbo application

Did you take the time to look for these answers yourself, or are you just expecting us to spoon-feed you everything?

Basic setup: 14b or 16g turbo, 450cc injectors, p06 ECU tuned for YOUR motor. How much it can take depends on how healthy it is... it will eventually break one way or another. 8-10lbs with those turbos listed above is about all you should expect.

If you want further information, please show a little initiative and search on your own. We have an entire section on this site dedicated to turbocharging... with 8 years of very useful info. As specific questions, showing that you've actually put some effort into it, and you will get all the help you need.
    Additionally, try typing using big-boy words, and perhaps a little punctuation. Otherwise, people are going to start ignoring you, assuming you aren't smart enough to understand the answers to the questions you're asking.

Welcome to the site.

Comment

I'll ask this here in hopes it helps the OP as well.

Is there any reputable place online to buy used turbos? Specificly DSM turbos. Basicly like the equivalent of hmotorsonline for turbos, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Not that I know of. The big DSM forums are probably the best place to go. Just do some research on the seller before you buy, as on any forum.

OR, buy a turbo with the plan to rebuild it. It'd be good experience anyway!

Comment

buy some forged internals 8:1 comp or 9:1 at the most and forged rods. The f22ax blocks have cast iron sleeves open deck. So it can handle a decent amount of boost

Comment

ok thanks for dat info... nuy the way if yuh dont mind me askin wat is a open deck and closed deck sir???

Comment

open

closed

sleeved

miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

wow thanks alot that helped me out alot.... thnks for usin pics... now i know the difference

Comment

I actually didn't realize that the F22A was open deck myself (the first thing I did to my car was swap an H22A in there, so I have limited hands-on experience with the F.) I just ran out to my shed where I'm storing my friend's F22A block to check it!

Open/Closed deck matters very little if you're boosting stock internals. The internals will give out LONG before the sleeves do.

Comment

Sleeved = pwnage

Comment

Originally posted by virtualbasil View Post
                      Sleeved = pwnage
                      If you aren't going to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion, please do not post. It is a sure way to get your count reset (and eventually be banned from this forum.)

Comment

I might have missed this, but what condition is your engine in to begin with? Also, turboing a car can get expensive real quick if you aren't careful, i suggest you create yourself a list of the parts you need/want and start pricing them. And lets say you go through with it, are you planning on installing it yourself, or what?

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

reputable companies...

extremepsi.com deals a lot with DSM, Subarus all around.
                          I purchased a new EVO III Big 16G for $700. And housing for another $100
                          I use extremepsi because they deliver qualityt parts, ship faster and cater to the customer.
                          But if you call them you really need to know what your talking about.

Another company is CXRacing.com,
                          you can get cheap turbos, but again thats exactly what they are for like $200-$300.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

My current engine is not in the shape for a turbo. It currently has 287k miles on it never rebuilt and i think it still has its original timing belt on it. I am planning on getting me another f22a1 as soon as i finish high performance and power-train at school which is in about 3-4 months. I wasnt planning on putting a turbo on my current engine. And yes i started making me a price list. Installation will probably be done my me with a little help from a friends that had experience with turbos. Tuning i will not be done by me.

Comment

good call on a different motor.

If and when you do have quetions, drummersteve is the go-to guy when it comes to anything turbo-related on this forum. Keep him in your good graces and you can learn a lot from him.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X